INSURANCE – WOW

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

A friend of mine showed me a story in a national newspaper regarding Insurance. Regretably I did not note the name of the paper. Apparently this guy took out insurance with SAGA. Went to Turkey on holiday where he had a major heart problem.

He reported to SAGA that he needed medical treatment and it was agreed. He was taken into hospital, in Turkey, and all was going fine. Then SAGA rang and cancelled his insurance saying he had not put down the name of his Doctor on the form. The guy was thrown out of the hospital because he could not pay for the operation.

It turns out that the form he filled in did not have a space for the Doctors name on it anyway!!!!!!!!!. Saga offered him £250 compensation, he is suing for £75,000 and rightly so.

Be warned

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Hi David

No surprises there then!!!

Saga was originally a family organisation,a couple of years ago the man who owned it sold it to the AA.They have since sold it on to an American company,it is now far removed from the original company.

I live 15 miles away from Folkstone which is the main head quarters ,I use to have all my insurances with this company,and it was an excellent company,now I would not touch it with a barge pole,it is about time these companies were named and shamed.

I hope the man concerned wins his case.Eve

Ps: there is nothing in the local papers about this.

Perkymite
    Participant

I will ty and get the name of the paper I think it was a red top national but I am not sure. I agree with you about SAGA. In my opinion the same has happened to AGE UK. My wife used to work for them as a voluntary Insurance Adviser. They got rid of all the volunteers. I rang then the other day with a pension quirey and the guy who answered had no idea and got a little upset when I kept trying to get an answer from him.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘INSURANCE – WOW’ is closed to new replies.