Interesting Week !!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Good Morning everyone , my week has been a bit hectic very expensive and slightly annoying so I thought its worth sharing , why suffer alone !! Monday I arrived in London at 6pm for a ct scan, which the orthopaedic surgeon had asked for We sat waiting patiently in a deserted corridor for an hour before the radio;ogist came out She told me the raiographers had said I didnt need the ct scan as I was having an mri the following day !!Grrrr!! Really annoying as I had phoned to try and arrange both scans on the same day to no avail Tuesday we again arrived just before 6pm , having been phoned by the radiologist to say I would be scanned as soon as I got there.Have you ever been in a taxi driven by someone who just wants to get home in a hurry?Well this was the mri equivalent !!I was rushed in called out of the changing cubicle whilst half changed , no time to settle or be reassured In the scanner room I was hustled onto the bed , no time to get comfortable , no offer of music and no conversation When the scan finished I was hustled out by staff who were already changed to go home It was the least comfortable scan I have ever had and whilst I do understand what its like to want to go home it was an unpleasant experience , even though I was called madam throughout So I m now exhausted uncomfortable and nearly £nearly 40 poorer after 2 scan appts and my vecade appt so I am hibernating this weekend , especially if it snows!!The annoying thing was I didnt feel I could complain as they were polite in the basic exchanges we had , how very british of me Moan over have a good weekend love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes Bridget it is about as British as you can get. No American would put up with it – polite or not:-D
    I had a similar experience yesterday. A nurse who has just returned from 2 weeks sickness was clearly not fit for work. There was a complete mix up on my pills. It was sorted by the next nurse on shift and no damage was done. However, it worried me as I am just about to go into the worst part of an SCT. She was so nice I just felt could not make a fuss about it plus she will not be on shift when my bloods go down, down, down 🙂

brocho
    Participant

Morning David good to hear you are still feeling ok .I have had a few occasions in hospital where mistakes with drugs etc and I must admit I usually do my own check , I cant imagine anyone getting away with it with you either !!In saying that its the last thing you need to worry about when you are feeling lousy but we are so vulnerable when we are in-patients its hard to complain. Hope you never have need to either Are you still getting your cuppa in matching china?? love Bridget x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Bridget – phew, I feel exhausted just reading your story let alone experiencing it. If I had experienced the same as you my fingers would be bashing the keyboard to the hospital CEO – as I have grown older my Britishness has faded when it comes to bad hospital treatment, and what you have experienced is shocking. Trouble is when you are feeling rubbish it's hard to find the energy but you should not have had to put up with that. Your hospital PALS have to investigate all complaints if you wish to take it further.

David, as for your drugs, I know exactly what you mean. Like Bridget I always keep a close eye and check myself to see that I have the correct ones. I do hope your treatment is going well at this stage. I am thinking of you.

Love, Gaye xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Interesting Week !!’ is closed to new replies.