I've got new dates for allo sct

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SharonG 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi,haven't posted for awhile still getting use to this new web site. Its been a funny old month for me this month,over the last few weeks i've been preparing to go in for my allo transplant,all was going well and then we got hit with a small blip,my sister who is my donor found she had a very low iron count,so the transplant that i should've had last week got cancelled,anyway after a couple of weeks of Trish taking iron tablets we now have the green light for the sct to go ahead,i'm now having my hickman lines on the 9th Dec,week of taking Fludarabine(chemo)then i'm being admitted on the 19th,to settle in,melphalan on the 20th,Trish is being harvested in the morning of the 21st,and i'll have the transplant later that day. I do hope to see some of christmas day,the only thing i'm not realishing is the fact i'm going to lose my hair again :(:( ,just got use to styling it abit and now its all to come off again,still its a small price to pay to get back on the right track of recovery,. I do hope all is well with you all,take care Shirley

Perkymite
    Participant

Well, I wish you the very best of luck I hope to follow your progress. Will you have a laptop available or are we going to have to wait until you come out of the other end:-(

kindest regards
    David

brocho
    Participant

Hi Shirley I am so pleased you have got the date now and it wont be long before its all over and you are home again If you arent up to much on xmas day have another xmas when you get home , double celebration !! I hope you will be able to keep us posted and we can cheer you on Good luck I am sure it will go smoothly love Bridget x

shirley
    Participant

Thanx David & Bridget,i'm sure all will be ok,. David i will be taking my laptop in with me,gotta invest in a dongle,i'll be able to keep everybody updated with how i'm doing,just keen to get in and get on with it now,feels like i've ready for ages,hahaha. Well i'm off some beauty sleep,nighty night Shirls x x

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Shirley

Just wishing you luck for your allo! Just remember that it may take you a bit longer to recover, and I know I felt like I would never feel normal again, but you do eventually! You become paranoid about picking up infections!

Not so good about being in for christmas, but I'm sure you're family and the staff will try their best.

Will follow your progress with interest. If you have any questions just shout!!!:-0

Sharon x

Perkymite
    Participant

Shirley, I use TalkTalk and found that I could use the Internet OK and this site etc… . But, my email programme would receive email but it would not let me SEND email. This is down to TalkTalk blocking you sending unless you use a TalkTalk line. I believe several other internet providers do the same. If you are technical person you could alter the SMPT setting but it is not something I would advise.

If you have a HOTMAIL account you are OK, you can send and receive. I have now set up Gmail (GOOGLE – hotmail). HOWEVER, I did it whilst in the ward and I cannot transfer my email addresses from TalkTalk to Gmail for the same reason as above, so I have to type in the email addresses to GMAIL that I want to use. So my tip is to set up your Hotmail account and transfer any email address BEFORE you go in if you think you might need it.

shirley
    Participant

Hi Sharon,thankyou for that,i'm begining to feel nervous about it all,but know i'll be in good hands,got abit upset that i won't be spending much of xmas day with Stephen,cuz he's in the services he's got to work the night shift,but i do get to see him xmas morning,and i know i'll inundated with my family so its not that bad really. I am slighty worried about the infections when i come home,but friends and family have been warned to stay away if they think they are not well,there was a question i wanted to ask you,but its clear gone from my mind,if it comes back i'll write it down and ask you,its trivial hahaha. How are you feeling now,are you out and about and busy doing xmas shopping,just don't over do it if you are. thankyou for being so kind and take care Shirls x x x

shirley
    Participant

Hi David, how you feeling this morning,hope you are feeling abit better today,. Just wanted to reply back about broadbands,i'm with BT,so i'm gonna ask if i need to get a dongle first,when i was in at the begining of the year,i had to get one,but because i'm having an allo,i get to have a differant room,(en suite with shower this time)like you i'll have a fridge,tv and phone,but must check about a line for broadband if not i'll get a dongle,hope you are ok and not to poopy,take care Shirls x x x

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Shirley

I am doing ok thanks, although have got a bit of a sore throat at the mo and seem to be getting some joint pain, not sure if thats related to the early menopause all the treatment has caused though! Everybody still keeps away when they don't feel well! But I have 2 kids and I can't send them away!
    I have been out a little bit doing Christmas shopping, seem to have spent more than ever this year! I am still avoiding very crowded areas though, no enclosed shopping centres for me! Or big overcrowded shops, did brave going in primark last week but sent my daughter to que for the till! Never mind, have found online shopping can be just as good and its cosy and warm!!!
    When you remember that question let me know, will try to help!

Wishing you lots of luck
    Sharon x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I've got new dates for allo sct’ is closed to new replies.