Ivan's SCT

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eve 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JustCathy
    Participant

Hi eve, DiaCro an all,

Hi everyone it's day 35 can you believe that, and Ivan is getting better. Thanks for your support and telling me that he would get here its been a rough ride. Ivan is still on dialysis and he has been getting transfusions but the doctors are pleased with how he is now. The haematologist told him today that he was the 1 in 10 where things can go wrong but things are now looking up. He said maybe he could get home in 7 to 10 days I'm so excited tonight. It's just the kidneys now that we are waiting for, hoping for something to change that's the thing that is bothering Ivan he just said he can't cope if he has to stay on dialysis but I know this man so well and know that we will. They are going to remove one of his central lines this week, another thing that is bothering Ivan is the fact that he is not hungry and is having to force food into himself. As he needs to get stronger. I have told him that on this forum people have said that this is something they all had to deal with and it's natural to feel nauseated even when they have come home to recover, I was telling him tonight how lucky he is that the diahorrea has stopped, and that some people have to put up with that for months. It's such an individual disease but you find on here that there are a lot of things that other people have suffered that you are going through. So it's great to be able to tell Ivan about the support you get on this forum and how other people like himself have coped. Thanks again and all my love and blessing to you all.

Cathy

eve
    Participant

Hi Cathy
    Nice to know Ivan is on the mend,time for you to take a rest before the hard work begins at home.
    It is hard for them to eat and drink,there taste buds are non exsistance,takes a long time for the gut and bowels to regain any order even months after Slim is occasionally sick and bowels controlled with powders,its so easy to get blocked up.

When they first come home it is very hard,make sure you keep people away,Slim went back in twice with problems and he was attending hospital twice a week for blood test so it felt if we never left.Plus all the work clean towels and extra cleaning,cooking small meals only to be left,found buying small pots of custard and cake,and snack food helped.

So rest now why your have the chance.Eve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Ivan's SCT’ is closed to new replies.