Just started treatment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  squirrel 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jmorris
    Participant

Hello
    I’ve just started treatment and I have to say the first day didn’t go that well in that I had a reaction to Dara but it was well managed. Next morning I woke to find a 4cm rash around the velcade injection site. It isn’t itchy or painful and I’m using aloe vera gel. I wondered if this was common and/or likely to be a problem going forward. Thanks for any advice.

thejollynortherner
    Participant

Hi
    I am currently in remission and have been since April.

I had two bouts of treatment, five months and then two months. Both times I received Daratumamab and Velcade.
    Both medications had, sometimes, reactions on the skin of my stomach.
    What can only be described as jellyfish shapes that looked like bruising but was never painful.
    The nurses treating me stated they had never seen this reaction before.
    A photograph was taken of one of the occurrences but I heard no more about it so was not concerned.
    I was offered a SCT but as only enough cells were collected for one SCT instead of the normal two, so I decided to postpone it as whilst in remission it seems pointless.
    Lots of other side effects were experienced with the cocktail of chemo drugs I took and the Octopus experience was the easiest to overcome.
    Hope that helps

Dave 😉☺️

mulberry
    Participant

Hi Jmorris, I haven’t had Dara yet, (due to start as second line treatment next week) but I believe it’s normal to have reactions especially to the first treatment. When I had Velcade as induction I had a significant skin reaction at the site of the injections, so I ended up with a line of fading red circles that lasted (what I remember as) months.

squirrel
    Participant

@jmorris
    I had exactly the same red rash mark from Velcade.
    The next week it would be injected on the other side and the same thing would occur.
    The red mark changed quite quickly and faded into a dark mark. I was told some people bruised.
    I think it’s quite common.
    Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.