KCH here we come

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All
    Gordon had his line put in yesterday in for sct on 7th nov,having past all the tests ( like you Tom! ) He is now out on the farm on his beloved red tractor.:-) Now i am feeling really worried this is his second sct 🙁 .

Good thing is i get to stay in london and do all the christmas shopping!!! Last time he was in hospital I went went brain dead so my family could be getting some very strange presents!

Wish us luck :-/ good luck to you all as well:-)

Sarah

Perkymite
    Participant

Sarah, I wish gordon and yourself the very best of luck if that is what you want, but, I have the feeling you are the sort of couple that make your own luck, it is called guts. Just keep going!

kindest regards

David

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Sarah – Like David I wish both you and Gordon all the very best as he goes for his second SCT. I think I was more anxious about my second SCT because having gone through one I somehow knew what to expect but thankfully all was well. I am sure it will be for Gordon too.

Will be thinking of Gordon in hospital and you going mad with the Christmas shopping!
    Love, Gaye x

Mari
    Participant

Dear Sarah,

Literally just got back from KCH. Today it is 7 weeks since Steve had his SCT and four week since he was discharged. We saw Steve Schey today, not sure if he is your consultant but I always find him very positive. He was telling us that some people in Little Rock have had as many as four SCT's! He said that it shows people can take it. I know that knowing what is ahead of you must make you feel nervous but you have a lot to look forward to, I am sure Gordon will be feeling a lot better by Christmas. The staff on Davidson are lovely and I know Gordon will be very well looked after. You must look after yourself too. Maybe a little retail therapy before Christmas will be just the ticket.
    As an aside Steve's bloods are all in the normal ranges now, except for haemoglobin, and that jumped from 8.8 to 10.3 in a week. I am amazed at how quickly he is recovering. I am sure you are remembering the nasty side of SCT but I am sure you have not forgotten how soon Gordon got better last time too.

Take care and keep in touch,
    Love Mari xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah good luck to you both just think you are nearly there, now in a free from treatment time it will be worth it .I am due to have my second sct in the new year , it will be my last as I cant produce any more cells ( they are using the ones frozen last year) As for retail therapy sounds good to me and any strange presents you buy cant be as weird as the stuff I bought when on treatment Good job my children love me !!love Bidget x

Elizellen
    Participant

Wishing you both the best of experiences, Gordon for his SCT and you for your retail therapy sessions!

zasrs
    Participant

Hi David
    thank you for your reply i think all you guys who have mm have guts!

i will keep on the rose

all the best Sarah

zasrs
    Participant

hi Bridget

good luck to you maybe by the time you need a 3rd transplant those pesky stem cells maybe gotten from somewhere else(horizon a couple of weeks ago)All the best

sarah

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Mari gaye and elizellen

thank you all, and yes gordon is under steven schey great consultant, great suits!

all the best

sarah

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

And you too David – you and Gordon and all the Holly Branch SCT candidates. I don't envy you but neither do I dread for you; just keep positive and look forward to getting home and reasonably well enough to enjoy Xmas. Your appetites might not be the greatest but thats not really too much of a problem at Xmas time. 😉

4 weeks post-SCT? Yes, I think you'll be able to manage a cracker or too by then. 😛

All the best.

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah had a thought I am still knitting so just e-mail me if Gordon would like a unique wooly hat!! bridget.rochfort@btinternet.com love Bridgetx

brocho
    Participant

Hi David sorry I have been a bit slow to mention it ( chemo-brain strikes again!!) but I am still knitting please just e-mail me if you would like a one-of-a-kind hat at bridget.rochfort@btinternet.com The weather is likely to be chilly when you come home and nothing worse than a cold bald head!! love Bridget x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘KCH here we come’ is closed to new replies.