Latest Results

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

valbrewster
    Participant

Have not posted for awhile but I would like to share the news we received at my recent 3 monthly check up. My consultant told us that the blood test results showed no myeloma present – as you can imagine my hubby, Steve, and myself were grinning from ear to ear. Its just over 4 years since my 2nd SCT – so far so good. I do take Thal. 50mg daily which I believe is helping keep the MM at bey. I do suffer with terrible cramps but hey can live with that with these continuing good results. So as a family we will be having a great Christmas.

I wish each and everyone of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Val brilliant news. Don't have to tell you to have a great Christmas but I will anyway. Have a great Christmas and and long may your good news continue. 😀

SueM
    Participant

Val what wonderful news 🙂 4 years in remission after secondsct.
    Thanks for sharing

How long did you get from first sct? also how do you manage to get the Thal,were you part of a trial.
    I havent found maintenance availiable unless trials here.
    I had my asct in May and despite good bloods i have increasing bone pain in lesion areas from before so feel low dose Thal may get these if NHS would prescribe

best wishes for another 4years clear

Sue

tom
    Participant

Hi Valerie

Thats great news well done you 😎
    Enjoy the Family Christmas and way beyond.

Keep well Val and Mery Christmas to you and yours

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Val
    Good news indeed, I'm hoping you get lots more years, have a good Christmas
    Love Helen

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi!

So pleased for you Val. Keep well for very long time.

Love Mavis x

tishwish
    Participant

Hi
    That is fantastic news for you Val. Like Sue my husband cannot get any maintenance treatment either. He also has bone pain and takes painkillers every day………..in fact he has been on painkillers since his diagnosis. Hope you had a lovely christmas and New Year and good luck for the future

Love Trish xx

FOXLEY
    Participant

HI,
    That is good news indeed. Excuse my ignorance but what is Thal? I have googled it but with no result.
    Chris

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Chris
    Thal = Thalidomide ?
    Peter

valbrewster
    Participant

Thnx for all the responses. Thal. is thalidomide and it is prescribed on the NHS. You are asked a lot of questions mainly about being pregnant or getting pregnant, which I am well passed that age!! My first SCT was in November 2001, and my maintenance treatment then was Interferon which I did not tolerate. I had about 2 years before I went back into treatment. I wanted to keep the 2nd SCT on the back burner and try other treatments. I had Z/Dex., Velcade, low dose Melphalan, Thal/Dex. In November 2008 I had my 2nd SCT.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.

Vicki
    Participant

Well done val, keep going onwards and upwards as Tom would say!

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Latest Results’ is closed to new replies.