Lets Dance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the porch and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time working.

Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. I'm trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them.

I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the first Amaryllis blossom.

I wear my good blazer to the supermarket. My theory is if I look prosperous, I can shell out £28.49 for one small bag of groceries. I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks at the bank.

"Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now

I'm not sure what others would've done had they known they wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends. They might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was.

I'm guessing; I'll never know.

It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and children often enough how much I truly love them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself that it is special.

Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.

"People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don't need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there."
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

eve
    Participant

Min I think that is lovely,

The pen often means more than the spoken words,I just wish I had the gift,
    I have looked on life as a learning curve,for a long time,I honestly believe,that some of the bad things that have happened in my life,an awful lot of good has come out of it too.

I use my denby arabesk and my crystal cut glasses every day ,and for many years,I realised a house is four walls and a roof,a home is were there is people you love,
    My thought for the day there is all ways someone who is worst off than you,it helps me realise how small my problems are,I have been very lucky I met Slim.
    thanks again for your thoughts eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Min I like Eve wish I had your way with words. That was truly beautiful. We are lucky to have you and Dai. You both can write what a lot of us think but can't express. Thank you

Love Jean xx

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

How true!!! I so agree with all youhave written i only wish i had your way with words. I too have a house of dust and windows that look uncared for but if gordon says shall we do this or that i now never say no, time is so presious. Weeds are flowers in the wrong place and how come your amaryllis is in bloom??? i am still waiting, i so love that lovey blue flower!

keep writing

sarah xx

ps i have never been able to spell:-/

Min
    Participant

I have to own up, I am not that clever; and only resposible for posting a thought that was sent to me.
    Im afraid my only contribution to the words was posting it………. I am currently trying to find joy and build memories, This verse made me wake up to some strong thoughts
    Min

DaiCro
    Participant

It is a powerful piece of writing, made so for me because of its immediacy and connection to the here of here and the now of now and summed up in:'"Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.'

As do I… and I am quite happy to find such wonders in the minutiae of everyday.

I had to smile because I keep finding little treasures and pulling them out for use and/or display and set off with:'As William Morris said, – surround yourself with those things that are either beautiful or useful -' as I start making space.

The other day I was digging out a set of bowls from a cupboard and I turned to see Janet, cutting out 70 pig shaped biscuits before decorating them all as party decoration/treats for Alfie's friends.

Beautiful and useful and here and now and always.

And I catch her, in quiet moments, with her eyes upon me, quietly drinking me in, assaying her thoughts… and I leave her be.

I am her here and now, she is my beautiful. In the days to come, through their desire to please me, touch me, give or take from me, my children and family will delve with loving eyes, minds and hearts and hope to get close to an understanding of what they are seeking.

Not Janet. She knows the secret.

When I am gone, when memory takes over, from the rawest of the first days to the mellowest of the last, she will simply say to herself, with utter conviction: I was loved.

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dai you have done it again. Typing this with tears on my face. You have a fantastic gift. Janet is a very lucky woman. Long long may you be with us.

Love and best wishes
    Jean xx

ps Min no matter who wrote it was beautiful and you shared it with us. Thank you. xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lets Dance’ is closed to new replies.