Likely Relapse

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi everybody and here's the latest update as promised.
    Went to see my Consultant today to get the results of the Bood Tests.
    He said that my Liver and Kidney function was ok as was the calcium level.
    But…My Paraprotein has gone up to 7 for the first time since my transplant in May 2008.
    Previously none could be detected and he said it could be due to the Myeloma starting to raise it's ugly head again.
    I have to go for a BMB on 5th Jan and then go back for more Blood Tests and another consultation on 13th Jan when I will get the result of the BMB.
    He wants to switch me from Sodium Clodronate to Zometa and will decide on what treatment I will recieve with maybe a second Transplant at the end of it.
    All of this will depend on the outcome of the Biopsy on the 5th Jan.
    So now you know as much as me for what it's worth.
    The pain in my ribs has been pretty bad over the last week but it's eased off a bit for the moment.
    So it looks like the beginning of 2011 will start not unlike 2008 and if the end result is the same I'll settle for that!!!

Merry Christmas to all and a very Healthy and Happy 2011.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

Well am sorry to read that 🙁 its a bit of a b>>Ger.

Good Luck M8

Tom "Onwards and Upwards"

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith its good to hear from you , your positive nature shines through . I hope the bmb shows its not mm rearing its ugly head again , fingers crossed for you As for changing to zometa my doc recently changed me to that one , research has shown it has an effect on the myeloma cells as well as its bone strenghthening properties Hope you have a good xmas with not too much pain love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

best of luck Keith.:-D I will be getting the results of my recent SCT on the 11th!

kindest regards
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Likely Relapse’ is closed to new replies.