Loose teeth

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mikey 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

robbojnn
    Participant

hi ,wating to hear about date to be admitted for sct expected next couple of weeks.

havested 2 weeks ago and obviously had lots of chemo,fluids gtsc injections prior. Been told that the high dose given before sct will bring hair loss fair enough,anyway 2 days ago i was washing my hair when it started coming out in clumps. Day later i let my wife shave it  off it was only a matter of time really the speed it was coming out.

Day after i started getting sore teeth on the bottom jaw only to discover last night that i have 3 loose teeth.

just wondered if anyone else has suffered with this,cant be coincidental  i had 4 extractions prior to treatment and keep my teeth very clean etc they’re definitely not bad.

Tried googling it with mixed response,be nice to know that its not just me

mikey
    Participant

Hi ,
    I am on cycle 58 of Revlimid / Dex /Cyclophos , and have very loose teeth, have had 6 extractions in the last 12 months, not sure which of the drugs cause the problem, but nothing i do however clean and careful i am with my mouth, nothing seem,s to stop it , i am told it,s more the gums, the teeth are ok but receding gums make them loose. I have had an SCT in 2008 and stil going well, lots of side affect,s from the treatment, inlcuding loose teeth , but they seem to be insignificant if annoying, when i,m still responding to treatment at the moment .
    So no your not alone with loose teeth , 😉 keep smiling.
    Regards.
    Mike.

robbojnn
    Participant

thanks nice to know I’m not alone,interestingly I had same drug combo as yourself. Good luck with everything.

mikey
    Participant

Hi , Yes there are so many drug combo,s it,s hard to work out which ones cause mouth problem,s but they keep us chugging along also. Good luck to you too, all the best for a long and happy future.
    Regards
    Mike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Loose teeth’ is closed to new replies.