Michael update Salts?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Elizellen 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi All
    Michael is alittle bit better than he was when his turns started on Thursday and over the weekend. I knew it was a UTI cos of the symptoms but found out today it was to do with his salts too. Does anyone know what this means? and will it happen often? It was terrible for me to bear. I broke down a few times and have cut down my visiting days with him, but I don't half feel guilty. But my doctor has told me to remember myself.
    Still don't know how long he is in for either.
    Love to you all
    Roz

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz and Michael
    Am Pleased Michael is better,its a long old haul this getting bloomin better int it?

Sorry cant help you re the salts, but please dont feel guilty when you cant visit due to being too tired or just not up to it, you MUST look after yourself also.

Love and Hugs from Iccle ole Tom xxxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks for replying it means alot. I'm going through a bad phrase at the moment being alone most of the time so these little messages keep me going. Part of me wants to give in and get away from this horrible thing that has took Michael away from me. The UTI's are terrible, needing bloods and platelets are terrible, never mind the dex. It's like Michael is no longer Michael and he just hurts me instead.

Been threatening to call it a day but deep inside I know I won't I just hurt alot and have no-one to hug me, when things turn on me like last Thursday. My GP was useless.

Thanks for caring
    Roz:-)

Tina
    Participant

Hi Roz

The only salts I can think of are mineral salts e.g.calcium, magnesium, potassium. These minerals have to be carefully balanced in the body – maybe Michael had a mineral imbalance of some sort. Calcium is a common one in MM. What does the consultant say?
    If your GP is no use what about seeing the Macmillan nurse, they are specifically trained to listen and advise and have empathy and a better understanding of our situation that most GP's. You should not be going through this on your own, really Roz I really admire you for your strength and you DON'T strike me as someone who would give up.

Best Wishes
    Tina X

Roz
    Participant

Hi Tina

Thanks for more information about the salts. I'm going to the hospital again tomorrow and will be there for the consultants rounds. Hope to find out why Michael is getting UTI's alot, why it was to do with his salts and also how and why ecoli was in his water! Then we both need to know how long they want him to stay in hospital because he has been in 9 weeks now. After all that I hope to find out if and how he has improved.

About people to help me through the bad situations, there is no-one really who know exactly what is happening and how it effects us carers/wifes. Michael's haematology nurse was on holiday last week so she only found out what had happened when she came back. So all what I saw and dealt with is inside me.
    No I won't walk away but yesterday if I had had a gun I would have ended it. But I'll just carry on hurting inside.

Thanks for everything
    Roz xx

Tina
    Participant

Roz,

Interesting to read ecoli was found as the last time pat was in admitted (about 6 weeks ago)with neutropenic sepsis the culprit was ecoli.We thought the contamination could have been transmitted via fish pond water. Initially I was horrified as ecoli can be put down to poor hygiene but I new that was not the case.
    Roz, Patrick has had some very very close calls and has eventually pulled back from the brink – I hate to think how you must be feeling it's a truly awful place to be – keep strong & positive, Michael may turn the corner any day now.
    Best Wishes
    Tina X

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Tina
    Michael has improved as best as they hoped. The ortheoedic from Northern General will come and discuss if his arm can be operated on, then it's up to Michael!he must listen to pro's and cons and say yas or no. I cannot decide for him which he wants. If his arm cannot be operated on because he is too weak then it's highest antibiotics tablet form for the rest of his life, He then can come home, but i THINK IT WILL BE PALLAYIVE CARE,
    If you cannot understand this message I am sorry but we fell out and I've had 3 wines. He doesn't realise what I do and when he comes out he is doing alsorts but there is no mention of me. I'm just the object he uses.

Roz

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz
    Well am pleased Michael has improved as best they hoped cos every little bit is a good thing, I hope Michael gets stronger soon so as the arm can get sorted out.

As the Subject says I am sending you a Cyber Hug, Hope you find it helpfull

Keep Strong.

Tom xx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Tom. I've decided my husband is a self centred … who sees only what he is going through not what we are going through.
    I needed that hug so thanks

Roz

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz
    Its not a problem you can have as many Hugs as you want and or need, just to prove it here is another Cyber Hug xxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks a hug before bed is good
    Roz

Elizellen
    Participant

Sending you some more cyberhugs tonight to take to bed with you Roz
    plus some more in the attached file.

{{{{{Roz}}}}

Lots of luv from me

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Elizellen, I needed that.

Just found out he has agreed to op without listening to pro's and con's. So more worries on my shoulder. I've been frightened to death of him having this major op and now he has agreed it is terrifying.

Roz

Elizellen
    Participant

That is great news, Roz!!

😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Michael update Salts?’ is closed to new replies.