Musings from Ward 9

This topic contains 88 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Dear David sorry to hear your throat is still bad but glad you have got good pain reliaf Counting the days till you turn the corner and can get home and celebrate love Bridget xx

Elizellen
    Participant

Well, David, it looks as if you are on the way up!!

Here's hoping you are home soon!!

Eliz
    XX
    X

DaiCro
    Participant

Well, I am in the money and I've invested in a lucky dip on the Euromillions – with a promise of 20% to you if I win.

All joking and lightness aside I am made up that you have made it through. Call me selfish but I needed you to pull through, to have a fair crack of the whip at making an excellent recovery and a long remission, to up my happiness level to match yours.

Well done my friend.

Much love:-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi David

Another pop in and am pleased to read you are getting a bit better, I know the sore throat is a bugger, Ice cream and oh you know it so al save me ink:-D

Good Luck M8

"Onwards and Upward" Tom 😀

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Bloody teachers pet!

My toilet was twenty yards away with a chair, and drip tubes to get past first. Then my PJ bottoms would have to be held up, as they were too big. The toilet was shared with three other patients who I think waited until they saw me move slightly towards the door before rushing to the throne room and locking themselves in. :'-(

Matching china?

Pah!

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi again, David

Everything is relative isn't it, and I can't believe you are now giving yourself happiness rating 7! Do hope you are headed home soon because after a long stay it does feel like an "escape" and even if it is a bit scary without the immediate help at hand, it always feels good to be in your own place.
    My prayer is that, by Christmas you are feeling so much bettter that you can really appreciate it.
    Mavis.

Roberta
    Participant

Hello David, I have been reading your blog and sympathising with you. It does sound as if you are on the mend and I hope you get out of hospital soon. My trouble was I counted my chickens before they hatched and it made my whole stay in hospital difficult, with me every day wishing I could get out. In no time at all you will be out and enjoying all the familiar things at home. I am now three months post transplant and apart from the fatigue I am doing extremely well. I had great results yesterday and will post about that later. I just wanted to drop by and wish you well and send you loads of good wishes. Roberta XX

tom
    Participant

Hi David

I hope ur doing well at the moment and all the "Counts" are loking up?

Keeep with it David I know its gonna get better 🙂

Regards Tom xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Well you were dead right about the ambushes Dia. My white blood cell count took a bit of a battering apparently over the last two day but still holding up above .55. I totally appreciate the wonderful facilities I have at Musgrove Park Hospital, only bettered by the staff. The thought of three of you queuing for a toilet makes me smile (sorry should not really) at the same time feel so sorry for you. Yes, I have been a spoilt brat here indeed; and I have loved it.
    Going forwards
    Kindest regards
    David
    Latest blog up

brocho
    Participant

Hi David the last couple of days sound horrendous lets hope they catch that critter quickly and get you back on track Its amazing how its the small comforts that make all the difference ,having someone cut off the annoying hair helps no end, together with the lovely acts of kindness from nurses helps us all get through the worst Heres to happiness 5 or 6 tomorrow as Tom says onwards and upwards !!And why shouldnt you be spoilt you deserve it How is your lovely wife ? I bet she is dying to get you home love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Thats the way to go David your doing a great job (i know it dunt feel it, but you are)

And to be fair I was in 16 days out on the 16th December and didn't feel 100% till Feb and it has been great ever since so keep up the good work and in next to no time you will be home :-)"Onwards and Upwards"

Regards Tom 🙂

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi David,

Well this is not cricket my friend – great neutrophils and still not home.:'-(

Why oh why did the have to take out your central line so soon? Were you having trouble with it? It seems daft to me to rush a procedure that has infection risks attached to it when you could have had a couple of weeks recovery at home first. (I had mine out about a fortnight or so later, primarily for the reasons above.):-/

Still, the 'big bit' is over now and once they nail the little critter you get get home and into training for Xmas.

Take it easy but take it (Woody Guthrie, a wise bloke and a good piece of advice which I always try to follow).8-)

Dai.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi David
    So sorry you have had this bad dip. Good job you are a fighter.
    Still, it is nearly two weeks till Christmas so you should be well home by then and look forwarde to something better than toast!
    I say a little prayer for you when I wake in the night.
    Blessings to you and yours.
    Mavis x

comfortablynumb
    Participant

Hey David. Keep smiling and don't forget that the worst is over. Best wishes. Numb.

tom
    Participant

Hi David
    Another pop in to see how you are doing,

As we say its the hard digging over now just a wait till the flowers bloom, and that will be pretty soon:-D

Keep it up David 😎

Regards
    Tom 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Musings from Ward 9’ is closed to new replies.