Musings from Ward 9

This topic contains 88 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

I think the answer to your question Dia is, that it the way they do it here! However when I get an opportunity I will ask. I should be home on Thursday so I have put my last posting up today.

Kindest regards and a Merry Christmas 😀 and a Happy New year 😀 to all.

David

tom
    Participant

Another pop in from iccle ole me to see how you are doing david, and by the looks of it you have it cracked 🙂

Have a safe trip home on Thursday (you cant beat your own chair/bed or even your own cups 🙂

Good un 🙂

zasrs
    Participant

Hi david

wonderful news!! Gordon was so relieved to be home own tea bags cups chair wood burner and TRACTOR! he was on his beloved massey about 3 days after he got home still goes out every day to as he says 'sit on it' but i know he is working then is wiped out for the rest of the day, how do we cares make you lot take it easy? and give your poor bodies time to get better!! Maybe i have the only stubbon one!!:-(

Keep warm david and may your n's continue to rise

Happy christmas and healthy new year.:-D 😀 😀

Sarah

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi David
    You may not be posting but we will all continue to be remembering you.
    Love.
    Mavis

Perkymite
    Participant

Sorry, just so there is no mistake here! I will still be posting and trying to support and help others I will just not be doing it under "Musings".
    Going home today(Wednesday)now – it just keeps getting better:-D

kindest regards to all
    David

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi David
    Glad to get clarifiaction about your postings. Even glader to hear that you are going home today. Go well and enjoy your escape. Just nice timing to regain some strength before Chrsitmas.
    Warmest of best wishes.

Mavis

brocho
    Participant

Hi David yipppee home !! Wow you have done well just dont forget to pace yourself no marathons for you yet !! love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi David
    I hope you are now well and truly HOME gosh the feeling of being at home is great.

Now take it easy and No rush

Its now "Onwards and Upwards"

Regards
    Tom

Elizellen
    Participant

I am so glad to hear you are due to go home today, David!!

There's no place like home!

Elizabeth
    XX
    X

nickinoo
    Participant

Hi David,

So glad that you are home and doing well, aside from catching my cold and having to stay in with a temperature Sam is nearly 6 weeks post transplant now and doing well.

Take care xx

Gill
    Participant

I think I forgot to say Welcome Home. I hope you are feeling OK and managing to eat. Don't forget the teaplate trick:-)

Tiny amounts of food are manageble and you will soon be doing an Oliver Twist and asking for more.

Good Luck from Gill xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi David

Its my Mum with MM. She is soon to have SCT. I have just been reading Musings from Ward 9. I am so glad I did, it made me smile, laugh and brought tears to my eyes. Its made me feel much more positive about whole thing now in so much that you didnt feel terrible ALL the time. Mum goes to see the consultant on thurs and hopefully we will get a date for harvesting?.

Thankyou for posting this

Take care

Alison

Perkymite
    Participant

You I know I had forgotten all about this, thanks Ali,

I am so glad that it helped you, you have made my day.

By the way I mention the taste of the water and it was not the hospital water it was the altered taste buds in my mouth, when I got home it was just the same. My full taste returned Christmas morning in time for Christmas dinner and a cold Guinness:-D

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

Ali
    Participant

Hi David,

I can imagine that the "happiness guage" was at >10 when you tasted the Guinness! I think you deserved it after all that you went through.:-)

Thanks once again for posting this, im going to try and show my Mum ( she prefers not to know any ins and outs about things ) I really do think it will be helpful to her. A friend of a friend of a friend had SCT and has spoken about it to Mum and has painted such a black picture of his time and Mum now thinks this is how its going to be for her. Whilst I understand its no walk in the park and things can be very different from one person to the next, it would be nice for her to see it how it was for you and see that you coped so well.

Take care Ali x

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Musings from Ward 9’ is closed to new replies.