My husband peter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  janw 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

valgrebezs
    Participant

Peter was admitted to the Royal Marsden in London Uk yesterday. .Had the line inserted and now is on intensive chemo…..24/7. Was already for his sct preparation and the Marsden found more cells affected. after 8  months of Chemo. so 2-3 weeks in here. so glad they found it. But scared. How is he going to be? 24/7 Chemo……………nightmare. “20 Dex pills yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

better not go visit.! can’t get him yet, maybe asleep. . Pls reply, I am am very worried. Val x

bandityoga
    Participant

Val

Try to stay positive and take one day at a time. What chemo is he on? My husband had chyclophosamide to prep him for SCT. His FLC came down to 580 and then they harvested. Everyone has a high dose of mephalan and dex before SCT. Speak to his consultant or the nurses on this site if you are worried.

Maureen x

janw
    Participant

Hi Val,

As you say, it’s far better the medics found Peter’s myeloma readings before his SCT. He is in the right place to receive more chemo and to be carefully monitored in hospital throughout the process. Dealing with the ups and downs of such news is so stressful and worrying for both of you. As Maureen suggests, please see whether you can talk to his consultant to find out more about the current plan for treatment.

Regards Jan x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My husband peter’ is closed to new replies.