My story

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  maggiemay 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lucy65
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I have never joined a forum before but if anyone out there has any advice or similar story I would love to hear
    I will start in November 18 my husband broke a rib he had X-ray and was told to rest it remained painful for quite a while
    Forward to March 19 he complained of a bad back went to gp diagnosed sciatica this carried on with him receiving stronger painkillers and physio eventually on 14 may he had a mri by his time he could not even walk he was crawling they managed to get 2 images before panicked wheeled him into a room then we were took to a&e they had found he had broken vertebrae and something “significant “
    He then had vertoplasty performed and was told he had myeloma
    It was such a shock to us all
    He started vcd treatment in June and it was starting to go well he was still in a lot of pain but started to walk with only one stick and we had had an appointment to discuss set
    But this week he suffered a heart attack he’s only 54 by the way chemo treatment has been cancelled for 2 months and now we are not sure if he is able to have Scot
    Does life get any better

lucy65
    Participant

Sorry I meant SCT not “set” & “Scot”

tom
    Participant

Good morning Lucy and hubby….
    Welcome to the group, and yes am sure it will get better they just need to get the dose/treatment correct as not one drug suits all…but many many more treatments being released often……

I have had myeloma since 2008/9 and am on fourth line off treatment and have to say I am doing good…..I am 64 years young…feel free to ask any questions not one are silly nor unimportant…..

Onwards and upwards

Tom xx

spanner
    Participant

Hi my name is Sue and I was diagnosed October 2018. I had my stem cell transplant in April and although its been a hard journey I am progressing.
    I am looking for advice on travel insurance and wondered if anyone could recommend a company. I have had a brief look and prices vary a lot.
    Thank you Sue

maggiemay
    Participant

Hi Sue glad you are doing well and starting to think about travel. My husband has myeloma since 2011 and had a SCT in 2013 I am the one who looks after travel arrangements. We have used a few companies but I have found nowicantravel to be very competitive. It depends a lot on where you are going America, Canada, Asia can be expensive whereas Europe is cheaper. Cruising can also be expensive. Six months after SCT I booked a 2 week Caribbean cruise before looking at the insurance it cost £630 but worth it for peace of mind. Thankfully it has reduced in price February this year was £340 to the Caribbean. A yearly policy for Europe was £170. I declare everything including his heart attack 2years after SCT. Like anything else you are buying pays to shop around. Hope this helps and enjoy your travels. Mags

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.