New Need to talk

This topic contains 113 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Helen
    My hair "style" has been the same for a long time 🙁 My brother and I used to be called Phil and Grant when we went out together! Aka the Mitchell brothers 😉 I can't remember the last time I paid to have my hair styled. I started to lose it in my early 20's. I'll look around for a picture of me with hair. It'll take some uploading as it'll be from well before digital photos probably pre computers lol.

Love Andy

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    My sleep patern is all over the place some nights I sleep right through and others it takes a bit to drift off. I'm back on my dex for the next 4 days so I'll be needing my iPhone fully charged.
    On the beer front I prefer the double brewed beers though the triples are good too. My wife Steph enjoys the fruit beers though she's a red wine drinker mainly.
    As I told Helen I'll try and find a with hair photo to put online though it'll be a very young me 😉
    When we go to the lake district we stay at Bowness on Windermere it's not too far from where we live an approx 2 hour drive cross country. We live near the north/east coast in a town called Billingham.
    Enjoy your trip to the brew pub and have a great time – I know I would.

Love Andy xx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I guess you are just coming to the end of your dex days so maybe feeling a bit more human now.
    I am looking forward to photo of hairy you.Even though you were a lot younger. but isn't it great to be getting old.
    Glad to hear you have planned a trip and hope nothing prevents you from going.
    I am off on Mothers day this Sunday for brunch at the brew pub and have made a list of what you want me to taste will report back when I am capable!
    I will leave everything ready for Peter He can manage to get to the micro wave and back to the family room without too much pain and as a special treat I may bring him back a brew or three, the drugs aren't that effective with sleep and pain maybe the beer will be!
    Take care
    Talk soon Love Teresa

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Thanks for the compliment but thehair at the back near the neck is still very dark for some unknown reason.
    To lose it would absolutly terrify me and most of the neighbours. I can not imagine how you or so many others can come to terms with hair lose due to radiation/chemo just terrible.
    When my mum was ill and I went over to visit and went out with dad people thought I was his wife, that's grey hair for you. Mind you he was only twenty years older than me and looked obviously a lot younger for people to think I was his wife, nothing to do with me looking older!!
    I can understand you not wanting any additional treatments related to cancer, a normal life is what we strive for and if it isn't going to help you, or maybe even hinder you best not go there. Going back to work is all part of being in the main stream and not off to the side. Not quite believing this has happened to you is so normal I can't believe it has happened to us after all these years and so many years in remmission when we merrily went our way. Best to just get on with everything and not think too deeply.
    When I reitred (?) to look after Peter I was working in an architects office as the book keeper. I retrained as this when the children were young so that I could work from home, then went back to a busy office full of draftsmen and builders. After I became a carer I job shared for a bit with a girl out in Red Deer Alberta. That's the beauty of computers you can be anywhere and still work, now I do even less as Peter becomes less capable. My son comes every Monday to try and finish up al the jobs Peter started and will never finish so that really is great.
    Have a really good time in NZ look forward to hearing from you when you have time
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Hello Teresa
    How are you? I thought a lot about you while I was away. I'm over the jet lag now and feeling pretty good. Have you done much in your garden, mine is a wilderness, we've had so much rain every weed is 6 feet tall and all plants washed out, you get the picture!:-/
    Love Helen

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Still waiting for a photo of you with blond hair.
    I am so sorry about your garden I hope you get it into some sort of shape before you go back to work. Is that soon?
    We have had really hot weather and everything is growing like crazy even eating stuff already.
    Peter is now in palliative care at home, but is hopeful that the drugs being given as of Tuesday June 26 will slow down the MM and grant him a bit more time.
    I do hope you can tell us all about your trip and how you managed with everything. Did the baby like the jumper?
    Take care don't overdo it and enjoy Love Teresa.

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I hope you are enjoying yourself in the Lake District and hopefully having good weather.
    You may be interested to know my son in law won gold for his Porter.
    You can see it on bellwoodsbrewery.com/retail if you want.
    Looking forward to reading about your trip and hoping you are staying well and not too tired out from all the travelling.
    Love Teresa.

eve
    Participant

Hi Teresa

How are you coping ,this must be a very hard time for you,are you managing a little free time for yourself!!!!!
    I take it you have told all the family the position now,and you and your girls are coming to terms with what is going to happen,but still looking forward,to the birth of your Grandchild.Also the walk down to the botton of the garden to see the birds.
    I find it strange that life goes on around you,the good and the bad,some times I just think,I wish I, could put things on hold for a minute.This is were my deep breathing comes in.
    We know as a family we have just got to work through Matty,s death,So some days are good and others not so good Slim thinks why Matty and not him,So time is spent,holding pieces together,

Min posted a saying on Facebook(you do not know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have) Love Eve

tmc
    Participant

Hi Eve
    I love your saying about being strong. i have also been told we are only given the cross we can bear but I feel as if mine is dragging on the floor some days
    Going to the bottom of the garden to look at the birds is not an option any more just looking out of the window and we saw a very large hawk circling over this morning.
    I have no idea how you come to terms with losing a young one it really is the wrong orderand impossible to imagine.
    Free time I come on here.
    The family have been told but only our son and daughter live in Toronto.
    It was heartbreaking to watch Peter say good bye to his brother from Sydney as he passed through on his way to UK.
    Peter has been receiving a lot of treatment, radiation for all the new tumours and cracks and breaks to his bones, Also lots of pain meds but they are hopng fo give him Rev Dex Velcade and somethign begining with B
    or pomalidomide starting tomorrow to try and put a halt of the MM just as a pain control.
    I hate saying all of this as you are in the same positon as me with a husband with MM and all that entails.
    I will try and remember to breath sometimes I forget!

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    I love the hair it is gorgeous I want it!
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Thanks Teresa

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    We had a great time in the lakes thanks. The weather was a bit wet but hey without the rain they'd be no lakes 😉 unfortunately my back was causing me a bit of trouble so we didn't get to walk far but the change of scenery did us a world of good. We've booked again for early September hopefully the sun will have turned up by then 😀
    Pass my congratulations on to your son-in-law for his achievement I do like a drop of porter.
    My PP levels are still proving very stubborn and are at last test 40 🙁 going to have a meeting with my consultant hopefully Friday to ask some scary – for me – questions.
    I hope Peter is doing ok with his meds and staying strong.
    We wish you both well and think of you both always.
    Take care.
    Lots of love Andy & Steph xxx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    So glad you had a nice time in the lakes even though you couldn't walk too much maybe in September things will have improved and you can have a warm vacation with lots of walking.
    Have passed on the message to Luke the brewery owner.
    Peter isn't doing at all well but thanks for asking.
    They started him on a pomalidomide trial July 4th but as he is in palliative care at home it was a very trying time for him. Let's hope it improves things for him.
    The doctors and nurses come to the home to do all the necessary stuff but we would love some pain relief soon. maybe the doc tomorrow will offer some stronger goodies for him to chew,swallow, inhale, absorb!
    You can have some of our sun if you want, it has been 38 up to 42 the last cou[ple of weeks.

Helen you should see my garden it is fried!The grass is like straw and most of the annuals have died from heat exhaustion. I just haven't had the time to tend it.Will answer your lovely long email soon.
    Life is very interesting at times just have to let go and hope everything, garden, MM etc sorts itself out without too much damage along the way.
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Dear Teresa
    Poor Peter, and you, it must be very difficult, I'm sending you lots of hope that pain control is reached very soon. Don't worry about replying to post, just know we think of you.

A fried garden:-) I'm going to photograph the jungle that has grown here recently due to the monsoon type weather we've had. It is so lush and green, but the rain hasn't stopped for weeks now -I think we've had 3 dry days in 5 weeks, my daugher just had a week off while they sorted out the flood damage. We've never had weather like this here before, one of my friends has a 24' diameter hole in their business yard, where an old mine shaft collapsed last week and several thousand tonnes of gravel are being ordered by the mining authority to patch it up!:-P
    Lots of love Helen

andyg
    Participant

Hi Teresa.
    We over here would love some of your excess sun. Though I think the temperatures you are having to endure are not good. Apparently there is no immediate end to our damp and soggy weather in sight 🙁
    I'm sorry to hear about Peter being in pain I hope they find the right meds to get him pain free ASAP.
    I know when my back was causing me severe pain just before Christmas I was admitted to hospital and given lots of pain relief I became very withdrawn and Steph said I lost all interest in everything. So I think too much pain killer can be counter productive too. As with everything with this awful disease there is no one hat fits all.

We are thinking of you and Peter
    Love Andy & Steph xx

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘New Need to talk’ is closed to new replies.