New Need to talk

This topic contains 113 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    I know this is a hard time for you and your family,I hope you have a palliative care team,coming in to help you.
    I can only send you my best wishes,and hope you achieve those small goals,that you talked about.Peter has a goal with the grandchild on the way.
    Love Eve

tmc
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Hi Eve
    Hi Helen,
    Well the temps have dropped to a balmy 28 and I have opened the windows for the first time in ages. The only good thing about going to the hospital was the air conditioning.
    I do hope you are not still damp and cool and soggy It must be awful and it's Ju7ly! What will your Fall be like, Beautiful I bet.
    My sister said ever since the hose pipe ban was lifted it hasn't stopped raining!
    Helen your poor friend and daughter having to deal with the problems of too much water.
    Yes Peter was offered a hospital stay in the palliative care unit and very nice room it was, to get the pain sorted out. But we prefer him to be home, much more comfortable and calming. He is almost bedridden with the pain and cracks and breaks, new ones happening all the time. His calcium is leaching out at a rate of knots but everything possible is being done. He is on a fentanyl drip with pain breakthrough push button every 15 mins.
    He is also on the pomalidomide trial so it will be interesting when we have to go to the hospital for the blood and meds but that's three weeks away so no point worrying.
    His mum was never this bad with her myeloma so everyone reacts differently to everything.
    I have been offered a personal support worker but we are fine just the two of us in our own time and I know how delicate his bones are, may ask for help later.
    Have bought a lot of ready meals from his favourie restaurant so that's a help.
    The nurse is here to give hydration 3 times a week doc comes every week plus calls every day.
    I bet you wished you hadn't asked now!! Information overload.
    Anyway Helen it must be back to work for you today??
    Eve keep your chin up it is a hard task we have.
    Andy let us know how the clinic with the prof went.
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Hi Teresa
    Thanks for the message, yes tomorrow I go back, I'm looking forward to it, for the moment…….
    It is still raining, we have had a family meal out tonight, normally this time of year we celebrate the summer birthdays outside a pub, tonight we were indoors with a roaring log fire! I've put the heating on for an hour when we got back!.
    I'm glad you are able to care for Peter at home, it's not easy but possibly the loveliest thing you can do, I do hope pain relief is sorted soon, it is so wearying and makes you very short tempered, fingers crossed that happens soon.
    Love Helen

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen
    Hope all is still going well with your work and you are not to tired out.
    Has your rain stopped yet??

The pomalidomide trial didn't work and he was on pain meds i.v only for the last week.
    He was at home we had a bed in the living room where he could look out of the floor to ceiling windows and have family around. I had a bed in the adjoining dining room so was never far from him and his needs day and night.
    So sad to say he finally passed away on Sat Juy 21st
    Love Teresa.

Helen
    Participant

Dear Teresa
    I am so sorry to hear about Peter, how unbearably sad for you all. How have you all been coping over the last few days? Your life must feel quite empty after such a concentrated few months of intensive care. I wish I could help, I send you a big cyber hug )(
    Love Helen

wendyduffield
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Peter, I cant imagine how you are coping but at least he is no longer suffering and was at home surrounded by his loved ones.
    Love Wendy

Ali
    Participant

Dear Teresa

Im so sorry to hear your sad news about Peter.
    Love Alison xx

andyg
    Participant

Dear Teresa.
    We're so sad and sorry to hear about Peter. We hope you are managing to cope with your sad loss. We hope you have your family and friends support in this difficult time. It's difficult to find words of comfort for you but please know that we are thinking of you and your family in this time of sadness.

Lots of love
    Andy & Steph xxx

tmc
    Participant

Hi Helen,Andy,Alison,Wendy
    Thank you for your kind posts
    Love Teresa

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘New Need to talk’ is closed to new replies.