new to this

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

LittleFox
    Participant

jmsmyth
    Participant

What happened to the post. Was there a couple of hours ago!!!!????
    Jean

LittleFox
    Participant

hi thanks so much for your message, I felt a bit embarrassed and deleted my post. I posted it this morning when I was feeling really overwhelmed and quite down, but when I logged back on this evening and no one had replied, I took it off – didn't want it to look like I was moaning.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Please please don't feel like that. They are a great bunch here. I was going shopping and just popped in and when I came back you were gone!! Please post again with any worries or you need to ask anything. My hubby has smouldering myeloma and I have been a member of the new site and the old one for about – I think 3 years and have tremendous advice, support and friendship. So please put your post up again. What ever your worries are there will be someone to answer. It may take a couple of days as people pop in and out. You will get support.

Take care and hope to see you here soon
    Love Jean xx

LittleFox
    Participant

ah thank you so much, that has really brightened my day.
    My partner too had smouldering myeloma, but it became symptomatic about a year ago. He's gone through Hell with the CTD (quite a few complications) then 4 cycles of Velcade before having the stem cell transplant just under 4 weeks ago. He came out of Christies this week, but hadn't even been out 48 hours before being taken back in again as he is not absorbing fluids properly after the melphelan (however you spell it). I woke up feeling very teary and a bit overwhelmed with it all this morning.

jmsmyth
    Participant

I can understand how you are feeling. Frank has not starte d treatment yet. His bloods on Thursday were not too good and he has to go back on Wednesday for more. Eve is a carer (hate that word) for her hubby Slim and she is a mind of information. She has clarified many things for me. Look out for her posts. I hope your partner is soon home with you and starting to feel better

Take care of yourself and post anytime
    Love Jean xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Tracy
    Jean is right, just wait someone will usually come along, I saw your post, but as a sufferer I thought another carer might be the more appropriate person. I had my sct last August, I can sympathise with your partner, I could not bear to eat or drink properly for weeks. It's a very stressful time, but you are soon to become an expert in the field, so no doubt we will see lots more of you.:-)
    Love Helen

eve
    Participant

Hi Tracey

I am sitting here this morning,and the sun is coming up I have tears in my eyes,and truthfully I do not know why,I do not know if its because I read your post,and thought,poor girl or if I was just seeing myself a little bit further down the line.So it must be me just being a bit tearful.have to find my little white pills again,they stop the tears.:-D any one on here will tell you,they keep your emotions in check,and you need you to be strong,because he is scared as well.

I know the higher doses effect the kidneys,but the kidneys can regenerate,I think the biggest danger about SCT is coming out,after feeling better and being confined to a room,the natural thing is freedom,
    My husband goes in on Monday for SCT,and confinement will be his biggest problem as he is very much an out door man.so I think I am going to become the nagging wife again,just to keep him away from illness.

Your husband is in the right place,to solve his problems,you must be very tired and feel this is all you need after all you have been through,If you have had a few hiccups in the past,you will be just thinking thing are getting as bad as then,I know that,s my fear,one part of me says it cannot get so bad again.Try to look at it,as a small step backward,when he comes out,both of you will be far more aware how things can effect you,so its going to be a month of rest,then small steps,keep people at bay,no matter how good there intentions it will be worth it in the end.

I will not tell you not to worry,he has a few problems,but nothing the doctor,s have not seen before,so chin up,and be brave.Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Just love the new photos! Eve good luck on Monday

Love Jean x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Have I eventually lost my marbles???? on earlier and there were lovely new photos of Eve and Helen and now they have reverted back. Is it me or my stupid lap top?
    Jeanx

Photos back again.

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean
    Photos came and went ….. Several times!
    Love Helen

Helen
    Participant

Hi Eve
    Hope tomorrow goes well, try not to worry too much and be gentle on yourself. Are you staying nearby?
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Oh Boy these photos doing my head in. It's a case of "now they are here and now they are gone!!!"

THEY ARE BACK. MAGIC!!!))

Jean

LittleFox
    Participant

Thank you all for your kind words and the lovely messages.
    I feel for you Eve, hearing that your husband goes in for his stem cell transplant today. It is such a hard thing to go through – for patient and loved ones, but what kept me going was constantly telling myself to be grateful that as horrible as the procedure is, at least it exists… someone somewhere thought it up, created the machines to extract the cells and worked out how to put them all back in again, which is truly amazing. And we are so lucky to live in a country where this treatment not only exists, but is free of charge on the NHS. I don't know if that helps you, but I have literally clung to those thoughts over the last few weeks.
    It was so hard to see him suffering so much and know there was absolutely nothing I could do apart from be there and resolutely not lose faith that he would be ok.
    Thankfully, my partner came home again last night. They put a lot of fluid into him and his creatin levels (or creatitin or something like that? although I am sure that's what we used to paint fences with…???) are now reasonable so he's ok to come home on the condition that he keeps his intake of water up – 3 litres a day minimum. It scared the life out of me when he went back in on Friday, he looked so poorly, but he was so much better yesterday when he came home and even managed to walk from the ward all the way back to the car in the car park 🙂
    He's at the day clinic again tomorrow so they are keeping a close eye on him, but he already looks a million times better than he did when they originally discharged him last week.

He is suffering mostly with his feet at the moment – peripheral neuropathy. I read some other posts on here about the same problem (he says he feels like the soles of his feet are literally on fire) and noticed someone suggested thick bedsocks. He tried them last night, but sadly it didn't seem to help.
    I noticed someone also suggested co-enzyme Q10 – does anyone know if that works?

Thanks again for all the lovely messages x 😀 x Tracy x

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Littlefox, I have Myeloma but I just wanted to say hallo, Welcome (?) and it is nice to see you posting. All the people on this site, and we are a small merry band I have to say, know what you are going through and of course you partner, Name?.

I woke up on the 9th July 09 and broke my neck getting out of bed – truly. But several operations later, a diagnosis of Myeloma, an SCT and I am fit and well. I have PN in my feet but it is not too bad. Believe there is light at the end of this very dark tunnel. Keep strong but let your emotions flow out when you need to.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘new to this’ is closed to new replies.