Off Chemo for a month

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

They have pulled me off Rev and Dex (still got to take Clexane though) whilst I prepare for the operation on my Prostate on the 13th August. A whole month no Chemo. That means no Dex nights!!! I will be interested to see the Blood Readings at the end of August.

Had a lump cut out of my head yesterday which has gone off for examination. Am I going to add Skin Cancer to my list of woes?

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

HiDavid

I can remember a few years ago,you getting everything ready just in case,the garden,with crocuses,and easier boarders,plus the old coffin job!!!! And look what you have done since,family tree,holidays!!!!

Just enjoy this month without treatment!! Make the most of the summer,the lump as you know can be anything!!! As for the operation,they must be confident enough to operate,were is that South African saying in all this,

Stay strong minded David,it will take you a long way,even when the body is letting you down.
    Best Wishers Eve. Kick up the backside!!!!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by  eve.

jeff605
    Participant

Wow, lot going on Dave, hope the op. goes well and nothing serious with the lumps. I was a bit bewildered when I was off chemo drugs for a month, and worried about what would happen to my blood results. I’m off for a vertobroplasty on the 4th August, but haven’t had to stop any chemo drugs – I’m on the same regime as you, which is slowly dropping the p/p at present. If the op. is successful it will be really great to be able to walk more than a few hundred yards and stop all the painkillers.
    Dave, since I’ve been on the forum I’ve been most impressed with your attitude and how you deal with this horrible disease, keep it up, I’m sure you will get through it all. All the best, Jeff

Vicki
    Participant

David best of luck with the op…..keep going you have the right mind set. You might as well whack the prostate condition and mm whiles you are at it……you are positive so be headstrong and get that positive outcome x

meganjane
    Participant

Hi David,

Enjoy the dex free nights, best wishes for a speedy recovery from the op and fingers crossed for the blood results at the end of August. You had such an amazing response to the Rev that I am sure if there is a tiny blip after a month off it will soon be reversed when you start the rev again.

Do you mind me asking how your neuropathy is now? I hope it has improved/gone away?

Megan

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Megan, my neuropathy is about the same. I call it spongy feet because that is what it feels like. I also have a numbness on the right hand side of my right leg, at hip levle. I only really notice these things at night, During the day they just fade into the background.

You are right Eve, I have done so much since 2009. Coffin is finished he he. I recently replaced my lovely privet hedge with a really good looking solid wooden fence. It means that cutting the privet is now a thing of the past. However, I really liked my hedge. Being ex Army Sergeant Major you can imagine it was dead straight all the way around. I use to enjoy driving down the road and seeing it so neat and tidy. I miss my Boarders, 360 Geraniums made a hell of a display. I have retained the border around the car port and put Gladioli in this year. At the moment they are just showing above my new fence. I am trying to put in perennial plants that will not require replanting next year. I have got 40 Penstemon in the car port Border I planted late but I should get a good display late August I think.

Thanks for the support always welcome. Mo and I are not phased by the possible Skin Cancer. As Mo says,”How many times can you die?”.

As Tom would say onward and upward – Teeth extraction next on 30th Jul.

Kindest Regards – Vasbyte

p.s. I don’t know if I have mentioned this before but talking of Family Tree Eve I discovered my grandfather was a Salmon Poacher on the river Tweed and spent 30 days in Jeburgh Scotland nick! Oh dear skeletons in the cupboard or was it fish bones?

eve
    Participant

Hi David

Love ing it,grandfather in the nick. Lol

I could not dream of going in to my cupboard,would find I am associated with IRA Slim says I have the face and back ground lol.

Live is for living and you are making a good job of it!!!,so that’s what is important.

Best Wishers wishing Dai was around to correct everything,in a nice way!!!? Eve

Perkymite
    Participant

yes, got to agree I miss Dai’s comments.

andyg
    Participant

Hiya David.
    It’s going to ge a busy few weeks for you I hope everything goes smoothly.
    Your still on anti thrombosis injections! I get to take a little pink pill now instead. I think after jabbing myself approx 800 times my consultant thought I’d been through enough.
    Your bloods should improve because Revlimid is known to depress them. It got my neuts down to 0.5 at times. Now I don’t think it’ll have much impact on your remission I can’t say I’ve ever read about one months miss having much of an impact!
    Why are they stopping your chemo anyway? When I had my kyphoplasty I continued with it. I only had to stop my tinzaparin for one day.
    I miss Dai’s insightful and well researched answers he’s sorely missed both as a friend and a font of knowledge. This forum is not the same without him.
    Good luck at the dentists tomorrow David and I hope the tooth fairy is very generous.

Every day is a gift.

Andy x

Ps – my Dex night 😉

Perkymite
    Participant

Thanks Andy, I am not on a Dex night, although it would have been if I was still on Chemo, just cannot sleep at the moment. Everybody ask why they have stopped the chemo but I have no clear answer at the moment. It is certainly something to do with the operation on my Prostate Gland on the 13th August. I will ask the Consultant when I next see him on the 22 Aug, mind you he is a great guy and I am sure he is determined that I am going to live to 100! LOL.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off Chemo for a month’ is closed to new replies.