our anniversary

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Ian got out of hospital for 2 hours yesterday and we went for a nice lunch for 5th anniversary. It was good to get away from the hospital and Ian survived the ordeal of sitting in a wheelchair in a special taxi. Got a bit shook up.
    Will try to get him out more often.
    My 60th next month so I am trying to arrange a family lunch. Originally wanted to go to Wimbledon to watch Andy Murray win but not possible this year because of the myeloma. Andy is from our home town and a really nice guy.

Perkymite
    Participant

[u][b][i]CONGRATULATIONS [/i][/b][/u] 😀 On your Anniversary and may you have many, many more.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

jmsmyth
    Participant

Congratulations from me too Maureen. Hope you have a fantastic 60th. Hope you have a brilliant day

Love Jean xx

tom
    Participant

Hi MAUREEN And Ian

Congratulations to you both (and my young bride knows it aint easy he he) hope you enjoyed the day 😀
    and as for next month I will catch you then 😎

Love to you Both.

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Maureen
    Glad you had a grand day out! ………. And why don't you go to Wimbledon if you have the chance of a ticket? you can't wait for myeloma to let up, it won't, but you must give yourself treats. I know you probably would want Ian with you but it's probably not to be unless you can enquire about the disabled facilities in advance. I have spent the last 2 years sending my family places, and I've watched the events they were at oon the telly. I've felt really good in myself at being able to let them go and as another mm patient I would hate to think my illness was wrecking their lives.

I'm sorry I sound as though I'm giving you a ticking off instead of a pat on the back, as Ian is now getting out and about then things are definitely picking up a bit for you two. Which is not before time as you have had a rough ride so far.
    Love Helen

bandityoga
    Participant

Thanks David

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Helen

I am going to my daughter's wedding in London on 6 July and this will be the first time I will leave Ian behind. I don't like to leave Ian yet when he is still in hospital and can't get out of bed himself yet. He is improving and the bed sore is still healing so he will be able to get out of bed for another hour.

Wasn't sucessful in the ballot for tickets to Wimbledon.

Hope you are well.

Maureen

BADGER
    Participant

hi Happy anniversary

I am so glad you were able to get Ian out I do hope thing will only get better for you fingers crossed
    Love Jo x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Maureen
    Shame about Wimbledon but I'm glad you are going to get to the wedding. Is his mobility improving?
    Love Helen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Helen

Ian is still not able to get out of bed himself, but he is getting stronger and maanges to cycle and pull weights in the gym at rehab. I also do some physio with him when I visit and have bought a dvd which he can excercise to in bed. I have thought about putting it on the tv in the hospital room and getting the other patients doing some disco work.

How are you?

Maureen x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

I am so glad that you managed to get Ian out and about with a lunch thrown in to boot. I imagine he must have felt both relieved and slightly frightened by the 'ordeal' of the transportation. It must have been strange for him… finding himself free of the hospital and its confines, rules and regulations but at the same time finding the 'freedom' slightly scary. 😛

I hope you manage to arrange the family lunch and that all goes well, with Ian feeling up for it and a happy time for all being the order of the day. 😎

I hope you enjoy your 60th Birthday (Date?) 6 months before mine. 😀

Wishing you both the very best of luck and good fortune. 🙂

Dai.

bandityoga
    Participant

Thanks to all for the good wishes for our anniversary.

Dai

Ian coped better than he expected. Taxi journey was a bit or an ordeal. Getting out nearly every day for a short while now that the good weather is here at last.

I have arranged lunch for my 60th (23 June)for family and some friends. I hope it will be a good day.

Got 2 granddaughters aged 2 and 4 whom I love to bits and they also keep me busy.

Hope life is good for you at the moment and the treatment is going well.

Ian gets blood results on 10th June so hope the myeloma has not returned YET.

Maureen

HelenR
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Belatedly, Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad Ian managed to get out of hospital for that with you and is getting out regularly now. Small steps are very significant at times like that. He's had such a rough ride and definitely deserves that bed sore to hurry up and clear off.

I also particularly approve of May 30th as it's my birthday too 🙂 I'm trying to think back 5 years to remember if you got a sunny wedding day or not… but think I wasn't living in the UK at the time! I hope you did, anyway!

Take care and good luck with the continuing recovery and the big 60th!

Helen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘our anniversary’ is closed to new replies.