Outpatient HDC/SCT

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lilib 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

hendaz68
    Participant

Hi Lili

Hope that was ok to say that I was so looking forward to Thursday to have my stem cells back & to be reborn as I think the phrase I’ve seen here before.

Onwards and Upwards to everyone.

Peter

Xxxx

kh0305

Hi Peter,
    Sorry to hear of the set back but I’m so pleased to see you are maintaining your positivity and keeping fit and well otherwise 🙂 I’m sure it won’t be long until you kick it into touch again and get your stem cells back in a much better state!

Lilib- Sorry to hear that covid has thrown a spanner in the works for your husband. So frustrating when as you say, you’ve been so careful. I hope a new slot is sorted for you much faster than the airlines sort out their flights!

Good luck to you both and keep us posted xx

hendaz68
    Participant

Hiya All.

Hopefully find out today if I start my new treatment on Monday. My consultant is going to try me on Darzalex, Dexamethasone & Velcade treatment hopefully it won’t be a long process then as soon as I have the all clear get my stem cell transplant sorted 🤜❤️🤛.

Take care everyone have a great weekend.

Peter

Xxxx

lilib
    Participant

That sounds like good news, Peter. I hope that you can achieve the right conditions for transplant in a very short time.

In other news, my husband has been transferred to another hospital for his SCT (his choice), and we are going on a visit on Monday, with a planned admission date of 15th August. I think I will barricade the front door from 5th August onwards – we don’t want any more sneaky viruses creeping in.

hendaz68
    Participant

Hiya Lilib

Thank you, yeah I’m sure the treatment is 3 times a week for 3 weeks per cycle? Tbc today hopefully 🙏 then take it from there let the medication does it’s job.

Thanks for the update on your hubby I hope everything works out for you both. Hope the new hospital visit goes well, I too still have doubts regarding my outpatient treatment as well but will wait until I finish the next treatment.

Keep those doors & windows locked & don’t let anyone in your house please keep those germs away from your hubby 🙏

Peter

Xxxx

tony642

Hi there,

I am one of the forum volunteers and have only just seen your post. Am I correct in saying you are going for SCT on monday? If so, I have had the same treatment, so if you want any information from someone who has experienced going through it, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards, Tony

hendaz68
    Participant

Hiya Tony

Thanks for the support much appreciated. My SCT was cancelled a couple of weeks ago due to Myeloma coming back so quick after my final treatment so hoping to start new treatment on Monday coming.

I will be back in contact though 👍

Many thanks
    Peter

lilib
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Just wondering how treatment is going for you now?

My husband was admitted for his SCT yesterday. It’s a hospital that is an hour’s drive away, and visiting is not allowed, but we are keeping in touch thanks to WhatsApp. He was relieved that this hospital does not suggest a nasal-gastric tube, and he has a PICC line instead. He was quite anxious about having a tube up his nose, so that’s very good news.

Personally, I am so glad that we weren’t persuaded to have the treatment as an outpatient. The responsibilty would have weighed heavily on me.

LiliB

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.