Over-large profile images

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 12 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks
    We seem to be having a problem with some profile pictures being twice as large as they should be and overlapping the text. This issue seems to be only affecting Internet Explorer, so those of you using Safari or Chrome should still be ok. I've notified our development team so hopefully they will have a fix out shortly.

Apologies for this
    Stuart
    Myeloma UK WebTeam

DaiCro
    Participant

Same here with Safari Stuart… sorry.:-)

Dai.

Perkymite
    Participant

I use IE and I have some big and some small.

jmsmyth
    Participant

My picture is huge and I use Safari

Jean

teds31
    Participant

I use IE and I have large and small Ted

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Stuart..I use Chrome and am experiencing both large and small profile pics…Phil

Debs
    Participant

I use safari and see big and small pictures. My picture is ok though if that is what you mean by safari users being unaffected.

Debs

Elizellen
    Participant

Is it only happening with newly uploaded profile pics, Sruart?

Eliz
    XX
    X

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi
    It does seem to only be affecting newly uploaded images as far as I can tell. Our developers are looking into the problem and will hopefully have it sorted shortly.

In the mean time a little trick to see the text underneath a large image is to select all the text (hold down the ctrl key and press A, or select with the mouse).

I will re-post here once we have a proper solution in place.

Sorry about this.
    Stuart.

tom
    Participant

Hi Stuart its not a problem we can cope with it till its sorted 😀 so many thanks to you and the rest of the team on doing a great job.

Tom

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Stuart…

I just went into my profile picture and noticed it was not centred… i.e. I needed to scale it down. It has worked for me, so this is what might be the problem with the others profile picture… to use the scale down until the picture is smaller but centred.

Its worth looking at.

Dai.

webteam
    Keymaster

Nice work Dai! I will pass this information on to our dev guys. I'm sure it will prove useful.

Thanks
    Stuart.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks
    It looks like the over sized picture problem has been fixed. I've tested in IE and Chrome browsers and all seems to be well again. If anyone is still experiencing the problem please let me know by posting here or sending me an email at webteam@myeloma.org.uk.

Regards
    Stuart.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Over-large profile images’ is closed to new replies.