Pain Relief Changeover

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Bridget

as you know mum has tried numerous painkillers, she is quite settled on methadone and oxynorm, good luck and hope you get the pain sorted quickly.
    Are you on anything like gabapentin or pregablin? they are for bone pain.
    with much love michelle x x

tom
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Sorry to hear bout your pain:-( bit of a Begger this MM, hope you get sorted out 😀 and the pain is reduced.

Love and Hugs

Tom xxxx

brocho
    Participant

Thankyou everyone for your support as always it makes the world of difference My lovely and very wise Macmillan nurse came today and has suggested increasing the Oxycontin to 70mgs morning and night plus increasing Severadol to30mgs Fingers crossed it works She was rather annoyed with the doctor for ignoring her other reccomendations for patches to put on the site of pain and Pregablin. I explained that this doctor is always running late and by the time he sees me he is rather harassed and probably didnt even see the rest of her letter !! Talk about smoothing ruffled feathers tee-hee ! love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Hi Bridget,
    The 'mac' nurse Peter had simply wrote the prescriptions herself, no reference to the Dr at all, other than to send him a copy of of the script.
    I am currently in two minds wether to contact her again after over a year, as peter was admitted to hospital today and I just felt she would have smoothed things out to make it easier, Neutrophils 00.2
    Can i refer myself or do we wait for the hospital to do it? Will ask tomorrow
    Hope your currently enjoying some pain relief that works well
    Love Min

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min yes they can write scripts but as I am at clinic tomorrow I think she was being professionally polite , if you know what I mean ! Sorry to hear Peter has had to be admitted again, you must be at your wits end Ithink you can just ring yourself once you are on their books In the short time I have known my Mac nurse I would certainly call on her , as she said today she is the one to call if there is a crisis . I hope they can get Peter sorted very soon so he can come home Try and get some rest too Min .lots of love Bridget x

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

I do hope that you got a satisfactory plan of action for your pain at last. I feel so cross that your GP doesn't take your pain more seriously. He should live with it is my feeling. I know they can get busy, but it's not as if you'd make a request for more help if it wasn't necessary.

All love.

Mavis x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mavis well I came home from clinic with a whole bag full of pain relief today !!The Macmillan nurse upped my Oxycontin dose to 70mg yesterday and I now have some big plasters filled with local anaestheticto put on my back plus some Pregabilan Apparently Pregabilan is the posh version of Gabapentin and has fewer side-effects , also much more expensive too so my consultant is not sure if she will be sllowed to prescribe it again!!By the time I have dosed myself with all these drugs I will rattle !!! As long as they dont knock me out too much as I doze off enough as it is !!Take care love Bridget x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pain Relief Changeover’ is closed to new replies.