Partial Remission

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi David.
    I have a SSD as my main drive with the operating system on it! Wow the speed of start up and shut down is incredible. No hanging around for 20 mins for it to switch off!
    That’s going to be a long job David. I need to get all my photos together they’re spread over old hard drives, DVDs, CDs and memory cards!
    Still this weather is making it a perfect time to get stuck into it!

Every day is a gift

Andy

Stanstan
    Participant

Hi Stephen
    Had my SCT in August last year. Partial remission, like you on Revlamid and staying at 14 ish.
    Just had my childhood injections. Where did you go on holiday? Was it all OK while you were away?

Best Wishes
    Charlie

AV8R
    Participant

Charlie

Very good to hear from you. I trust that like me the Revlimid is not giving you any great problems. I get slight constipation and runny tummy but both are minor and easily managed.

I trust your SCT was not too arduous. My Paraprotein was slow to go down to the plateau of 5 so maybe you will see further change. Even so, if you’re feeling well, then excellent news.

Since I my SCT my wife and I have had holidays in Madeira, Cyprus and Italy and without any troubles. The trip to Italy was very special as we commemorated my uncle who had been killed in 1943; exactly 70 years before. You can read the account on http://www.hf694.org.uk

In my view life is like Mecano; it’s up to us to decide what to make of it!

Keep well

Stephen

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all

Jus to chip in on the travel insurance. We insured with nowicantravel. They were great, very sensitive with the questioning and covered the myeloma! We have been back a week now, following two weeks in mauritius. I felt secure as we had good cover for us both! That said I can definitely confirm take the thermometer and antibiotics when you go abroad, I got a cold and cough when we got there, closely followed by coil catching it!….I was worried for a bit but the antibiotics did the trick followed by lemongrass and honey tea. The thermometer was the comfort blanket as well.

Happy holidays if you can manage it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Partial Remission’ is closed to new replies.