Penny Lane

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Debs
    Participant

I know that Penny hasn't posted on here for a long time, but some of you may know her from the old site, or from the Under 50 site.
    Sadly, after having gone in for her allo transplant in November, Penny passed away this morning after having been in hospital nearly continuously ever since.
    Penny was so positive going into hospital and was an inspiration to many of us. Before she had her allo, she sold up, and travelled the world….making the most of every minute she had.
    Thinking of her and her family. And big hugs to all reading this who knew of her – I am sorry to have to pass on this news.
    Debs x

piatkaz
    Participant

So sad to hear this such a wonderful bubbly women and friend RIP

Mari
    Participant

So sorry to hear ths news, this explains your FB status.

My thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time

Mari

wendyduffield
    Participant

sorry to hear this news as well, she seemed so positive and cheerful,thinking of her family and friends at this time

Wendy

tom
    Participant

Hi Deb's

Hugs to you its not easy putting a post like this.

Penny was an inspiration for me with the way she coped with her illness.

I did not know Penny aside from being an "Online Friend" and Like you all I am pleased to have Known Penny for such a short time.

RIP Dear Penny, The Lord has another Angel watching over us.

Tom Lappin

susan123
    Participant

This is very sad news, having recently lost my friend Sharon Grainger to this awful disease, once again I have found this really upsetting.

Rip Penny, an inspiration to us all, far too young to die.

Love Susan Spruce x

Mari
    Participant

Dear Susan

I was really shocked and saddened to hear that Sharon had lost her battle with this awful disease. I remember her posting on here often. My thoughts are with you and her family and I send my condolences for this very sad loss,

Mari

susan123
    Participant

Hi Mari,
    Thank you for replying and sending condolences, I did not put a notification on this site as I felt it was not my place. However, I did tell all Sharons friends on the 'under 50's site'.

Like Penny, Sharon was so brave and battled so hard to stay with her husband and 2 young children, and I am so proud to have called Penny and Sharon my friends. I have seen Sharons husband and he is trying hard to go forward at Sharon's request.

I am also a sufferer and I have found all these lives lost so difficult, but they would want us all to stay positive and go forward in their memory.

Love to all

Susan Spruce xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Susan
    Thank you for posting about Sharon,i have been trying to find out how Sharon was as she was on Velcade the same as Slim,and i was wondering was it working for her,she helped me a lot with information.
    Thanks again for posting,I wish her husband and young family all the best,Eve

Debs
    Participant

Hi all,

Penny's sister in law has let me know the following details for Penny's funeral.

Thursday 17th May. At 4.45pm.
    It will be held at Emstrey crematorium, London Road, Shrewsbury.
    Please donate in lieu of flowers to Myeloma UK, thank you.

Penny, you won't be forgotten xx

tom
    Participant

And RIP Dear Penny x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Penny Lane’ is closed to new replies.