PIP

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andyg 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Received letter yesterday confirming Ian is entitled to enhanced living and mobility allowance which is back dated to 8 October 2013. I think it is awful the time it takes to process PIP ?

Maureen

Perkymite
    Participant

Well yes, but at least you have now got it. :-)) Well done.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

andyg
    Participant

Hi Maureen.
    I agree it’s shocking the length of time it’s taken. When I applied for my DLA I had the form filled in by an expert at a charity. He even got it back dated for me to diagnosis! I only had to wait a few weeks. When I had to renew, for some reason I didn’t get a indefinite award, my consultant filled a good proportion of it in and I went back to the charity for the rest again it was processed in a couple of weeks and this time it’s an indefinite award – well till they move me on to PIP.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

Perkymite
    Participant

I did the same, the Macmillan nurse at Musgrove Park Hospital. I got the indefinite level when I I re-applied after 18 months.

Is PIP the replacement that is being brought in, not up to date nowadays LOL.

KIndest regards – vasbyte

p.s. Teeth out tomorrow afternoon – just not looking for ward to it.

andyg
    Participant

Hi David.
    Yes PIP is the replacement for DLA. All new applicants go onto PIP straight away and DLA claimants will be migrated over in due course. It’s all a money saving exercise that’s costing hundreds of millions to implement and the only way they seem to save money is to cut the benefit payments and delay the payments as long as possible.
    Oh Dex is getting me all political better stop before I start a rant 😉

Every day is a gift.

Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PIP’ is closed to new replies.