PP levels

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kimg
    Participant

Hey I wonder if anyone can let me know PP levels prior to SCT – I’m now on cycle 7 and last bloods were 5.9, I started at 49. I know I’m going in the right direction of course, but as my numbers have slowed I’m sure I won’t get to 0 and I know they won’t go further than 8 cycles anyway. I know everyone is different, but I’d love to know if going in for SCT at around the 5 mark is common and if that can effect remission?
    Many thanks

mulberry
    Participant

Hi King,
    I think we are all anxious at your stage of treatment. Like so many aspects of myeloma, there is a uniqueness to our response to treatment which makes our doctors the best placed to offer specific advice. I know that a significant proportion of patients (like me) do not have a ‘complete response’ to induction treatment (ie still have measurable paraproteins or out of kilter light chain ratio ) & one of my friends is about to embark on SCT with a paraprotein level of 10. Someone in my support group has never had paraproteins less than 5, in all the 17 years since diagnosis.
    The SCT produces a complete response in many of us, either within 100 days, or within a year. But as the person in my support group demonstrates, it is possible live well for many years with a level of paraproteins as long as it is stable.
    I hope that your treatment continues to go well & that gives you some hope.
    Jane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.