Precautions after SCT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scott 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

valgrebezs
    Participant

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday. My husband Peter has been home a few days after 4 weeks in hospital having his SCT.  He has started to eat a little but is very tired but OK otherwise.

We have  reserved a puppy for collection in 8 weeks, he is a Cockapoo, they are lovely and expensive! I have a friend who is a Myeloma Nurse and she has asked if I have spoken to Peter’s Doctor about this. The answer is No, I haven’t.  We already have 2 cats. No-one seems worried about them. What harm can a tiny puppy do? Peter won’t be involved with his care.  I thought it would help. any ideas. Many thanks Val xx

annlynn
    Participant

Morning val. dont know much about the puppy thing i have heard reservations from. some hospital staff on transplant. ward. mayvbe there extra warry because of infection. best to speak to peters .doctors but like you say its eight weeks away hell be picking up considerably by then. xxx. annlynne

scott
    Participant

Hi Val,

Have had 2 auto SCT’s and 1 allo SCT, always had cats at home. My ex has dogs and always have been around them when I go pick the kids up.

Advice I was given was to not clean out litter trays, if animals lick my hands, to go and wash them with anti bacterial hand wash. Keeping the house well vacuumed helps prevent fluff build up, that was it for me, haven’t had any troubles.

Hope that helps,

Scott.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Precautions after SCT’ is closed to new replies.