Quick update on kev

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Morning everyone, rang kev this morning, says he's not had much sleep nurses poking & prodding all night temp: a bit high
    Nothing major but. Put on medication? I think he sounds better and started thinking this is a good sign! So we'll see what today brings.

Everybody enjoy this sunny day!:-D

Regards liz xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz

It sounds like its looking good and on the way up now, still one step at a time though, give my best regards to Kev and tell him its an "Onwards and Upwards" that he will now be having.

Good Luck and hugs to you Both

Tom xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Thanx Tom I will pass the message on and the bit where you said one day at a time,

Regards liz xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz

Your both more than welcome, and it wont be long before he is up and about, and there is no rush one day at a time and it will work out, I must have been 8/12 before I felt better and trust me the wait is worth it 🙂

Tell Kev to keep on the "Upwards and Onwards"

Tom xx

tinkerbell
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev,
    SCT is difficult time more so for the carer than the patient from my experience. I was in and out in a little under three weeks thankfully but only when I was totally recovered did my husband tell me that he was really concerned as I got a chest infection. I just kept taking the meds and stuck to my sister who is a nurses advice – she told me my job was to get washed and dressed every day. I managed that, kept my teeth clean (I'm a dental hygienist married to a dentist) and got out of bed so she could strip it every few days. I did feel rotten and ate so little for the three weeks, like Kev needed platelets and blood but made it out and am now 27 months later. I have relapsed and am on maintemance thalidomide packing suitcases today for our trip to Rome in less than two weeks to see my wee sister get married and have spent the day in the garden. Hope that you all realise there are so many people here who are willing you all on and hope that Kev gets home soon. One tip when he comes home if he has lost his appetite don't be too upset if he can't eat too much I'm now nicely overweight again. In thoughts and prayers – onward and upward. Amazed Tom didn't advise you to have a vodka or two xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello tinker bell, I think kev was hoping he might be home today nurse said while ur still not drinking they won't let him home, he as been complaining of violent stomach pains when he eats or drinks, the nurse felt his tummy and said it's his bowels so are now going to give him something for it. Had to take a picture of his garden (his pride &joy) yesterday after son in law cut the grass he can't wait to just sit in lounger enjoying it all that goes for me too as for having a vodka hardly touch a drop since kev was diagnosed! Me and kev both will celebrate big style! When he gets go ahead.
    If kev comes home midweek and it!s more likely it will be just short of three weeks, so thank you and have a fab trip to Rome!

Take care liz xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Liz I hope Kev gets to come home soon it sounds as if he is over the worst so the only way is up now!! Just a word of warning though its not a good idea to sit out in sunshine after an sct , a lot of the drugs they give us advise against it, so make sure Kev covers up in the garden We bought my father-in-law a gazebo so that he was protected but still able to enjoy his garden. love Bridget x

Jan
    Participant

Hi Liz, Just wanted to add that I've had two SCT's now and both times was in hospital for just under the three weeks, so Kev's doing well and is in a good place being looked after. Try and make the most of these few days whilst he's in hospital, gets those jobs done and get the shopping in, so you can spend plenty of quality time together when he's home, soon.

I was diagnosed in 1997 and didn't relapse 'til 2009, so a good enough reason for you both to get through these next couple of months recovering and look forward to putting this behind you.

Jan

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Liz, Constipation and dehydration two of the dangers of SCT. Dehydration is very dangerous and that is why, quite rightly, they are not letting him home. 6 pints of water a day has got to be the target! I have dropped tea and coffee now and just fill my Guinness pint glass up and keep on going throughout the day and evening.

Like Kev I am a keen gardener, a lousy gardener but a keen one. I find there is nothing better than sitting with my good lady in the evening looking out over the garden; it is so peaceful and very, very colourful. But as Bridget has said SUNBURN isn?t a good idea. I use factor 30 ?all day? from Piz Bruin if I am going to be out and about.

Please pass my regards to Kev.
    Kindest regards

David

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz

Hey you take no notice of "Tinkerbell" as she is a little tinker ha ha, I have nearly stopped drinking these days only a bttle of vodka a week now 😎

So you dont have to rush to catch up he he.

Love Tom xxx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Thanks for that bridget, I can remember reading an article about being out in the sun after sct so it will be factor 50
    Soon as he ventures out into the garden, and he will probably say it didn't take long for the nagging to start! Lol:-D

Take care liz xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi:-/ Tom, won't have to rush to play catchup iv'e probably drank enough in the past to last a while lol!
    Think that goes for kev too, :-/

Liz xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello David, do understand what your saying about being in the garden, and whatever he does he knows
    I'll be watching his every move he wouldn't want it any other way.
    The docs have told kev they won't let him home till he starts drinking which bless him he's really trying,
    He is on iv and today they gave him salts and another transfusion ( his second) and there still going for discharge
    On wednesday! 😎

Take care liz x

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz

I can say that when i was in and had my transplant I found it hard to drink enough and they put me on a drip also (it was easier)gosh its hard work to drink that much when you aint feeling too good as it is:-S the drip was the best for me plus I drunk when i could ((water Pamela Lol))

Me I think i had two bloods and two platlets in my stay.

As for Catch up al hang back till Kev is better Lol.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Quick update on kev’ is closed to new replies.