Registration guide…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  eve 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks,
    I've put together a quick guide to walk you through the registration and logging on process. Hopefully it will help if you're having trouble getting access to the site. Don't forget you can also email Andy or myself at webteam@myeloma.org.uk as well.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

well done stuart i managed to follow the flow very clearly
    norman

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Webb Team/Admin,

Just a thought could you expand the Personal Profile section to include a small "who are you" section. I note that a member has started the "Who are you" posting again and it would be nice to have that sort of information in the profile so you could look it up when reading a post.
    Kindest regards

David

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi David
    We have big plans for the profile section this year so we will be updating this whole area of the website. Currently there is a small section called "About the author" where you can write a small biography. For some reason the box you type this information into is tiny at the moment, although you can still add plenty of text. I will flag this and get it correctly re-sized. If you click 'Edit' in your profile you can access this and any information in here will appear at the top of your profile.

Hope this helps for now
    Stuart

chrissie
    Participant

I have managed to register OK but I am very frustrated because I cannot work out how to start a discussion! Help.

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

hallo web team
    may i suggest that you contact chrissie to explain the process for starting a new discussion on the myeloma site
    ta

mhnevill
    Participant

I would find this helpful too.

Thanks.

Mavis

ann
    Participant

So would I! Tried several times to give details but told that my email already exists! Help! Ann

Elizellen
    Participant

For anyone not sure, to start a new thread you need to first make sure you have signed in.
    Then click on the forum which you think is most relevant then scrolll down to the bottom and to the right there are the words "Start a New Discussion".
    Click on that and a box will open where you can add a title and type whatever you want.

Hope this helps someone!

Eliz
    XX
    X

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

Good Morning Eliz
    unfortunately thise particular words dont appear on my discussion board
    maybe ineed to re-register?
    norman

andymckechnie
    Participant

Hi Norman

Have you managed to take a look at the pdf attached to this post:

http://www.myeloma.org.uk/services/discussion-board/newcomers/starting-a-discussion/

If this does not help, please let me know and either myself or Stuart will help you out. You shouldn't need to re-register.

Thanks

Andy
    Webteam

eve
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I have a slight problem,and do not know who to ask so i have come to you handy Andy,

Do not know how to change my name on this site,as I now have a different surname,can you help.
    kind regard Eve

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Eve
    Stuart here. If you click on your name in the top right of the page where is says "Welcome eve" you should be taken to your profile page. On the right hand side of this page there are a number of text links, one of which says "Edit". Click on this and you you will be able to change your personal details.

Hope this helps
    Stuart

eve
    Participant

Thanks Stuart
    Done and dusted next has to be photo,still learning promise not to say naughty words.lol

Christina582
    Participant

Can anyone also help me with guidance on how to start a discussion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Registration guide…’ is closed to new replies.