Remission

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TinaP 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

TinaP
    Participant

Hi all

I went to the hospital yesterday to have yet another bone marrow sample taken. Not as painful as the last one.

My blood test came back showing my pp level is non-detectable.

I am now starting the next phase of the Myeloma X1 trial.
    I am on Revlimid and asprin, for 21 days then a seven day rest. Don't know how many cycles of this I will have, but they hope it will extend my remission.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all your support

Love
    Tina

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Tina

Great to hear about the PPs. It is always encouraging to read positive things. Good luck for the trial everything crossed for a loooooong remission 🙂

Love Jean x

Perkymite
    Participant

That is great news Tina. Now have some fun 😀 and long may it last.

Kindest regards -vasbyte

David

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina

And a well done young lady,am sure you will get a Long Remission out of your treatment, good luck Tina.

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxxx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Tina
    Welcome to the maintenance club! There are quite a few of us now. I've just started cycle 15 on the Revlimid and aspirin and still in complete remission. Hope all goes well for you.
    Love Helen

TinaP
    Participant

Hi Helen,
    Did you have any side effects from the Revlimid?

I start taking it tonight.

Love

Tina

Etta
    Participant

Hi Tina
    I have also started on revlimid and aspirin on Monday and hoping for a long remission,I was told I will be on it as long as my bloods don't go low hope you have a long remission Etta ..

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tina & Etta,

I hope you both enjoy a long and trouble free remission. It is so good to see/hear good news on the board… keep in touch now and again to let us know how you are getting on. 🙂

Regards and best wishes

Dai.

Helen
    Participant

Hi Tina
    Yes I do have side effects, I have a poor sense of taste and smell so some foods really do nothing for me now as they taste so different and I have to eat lots of fruit and veg or get a very gripey gut and constipation. I get quite tired too, and I don't always realise how tired until too late and then the next day is difficult.
    They are not too bad to deal with but I do feel a bit of a wimp when I hear how others seem to be able to do so much more. Having said that, I'm still in complete remission so I feel it's worth persisting with.
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Tina

Well done you!

Keep this going and may you have a long long long remission

Vicki and Colin

TinaP
    Participant

Has anyone suffered from itchy skin.

All I seemed to do last night was scratch!

If it is a side effect – then I shall have to put up with it.

Love

Tina

TinaP
    Participant

Hi.

The rash got worse, all over me, and itched like mad.

Phoned up the Myeloma nurse, and she said to come over and let my condultant see it.

Bear in mind the weather conditions! John had to dig the car out before we could go. at least the main roads were clear of snow.

The result is that I'm allergic to the Rev and have been put on antihisimines and cream.

Going back next Monday to see if he can put me on a smaller dose.
    I would like to continue with the MyleomaX1 trial.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care

Love
    Tina

ali49
    Participant

HI Tina
    that's great news about being in remission (not about the itchy rash!)I hope you have many trouble free months ahead.:-D
    love Alison

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Tina

Very interested to hear you are on the Trial. Can't remember, did you have a SCT?

Sorry you have got this annoying itchy side effect! Hope the alternative treatment works for you. I wish you a long and event free remission.

All best wishes.

Mavis x

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina
    Sorry you have A rash, I had a rash during my CDT but I have had a skin problem for years it just kicked in worse during treatment.

Good luck and hope the rash soon calms down.
    Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Remission’ is closed to new replies.