RIP DAD 14/03/12

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Gill 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Nicola2708
    Participant

Just wanted to let you all know dad finaly went off to become an angel. I know he is no longer in pain. We held his hand as he took his last breath. Its selfish but i wish i could have had longer, i miss him so much already. Feel so far away from him. Love you daddy cool xxxx

Helen
    Participant

Dear Nicola
    How tremendously sad for you all, after so short a time. Remember he will be with you every time you think of him and how much he was loved. Chin up and live your life well in his memory.
    Love Helen

Nicola2708
    Participant

Dear Helen

Thank you so much for all your kind words over the last few months. How you feeling your self. Any more thoughts on getting that puppy. xxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Nicole I am so sorry you didnt have longer with your dad but take some comfort that he is no longer in pain . He was with the people he loved and that must have meant a lot to him .He will always be with you try and remember all the good times to get you through As Helen said live your life well that will be the best tribute to your dad Stay strong and keep in touch love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

MM being what it is my wife, children and grandchildren have been slowly saying goodbye to me for the last 3 years. I have been hospitalised with infections 5 times in the past 18 months of which 2 stays had hairy moments… but thanks to the medications and the luck of the draw I am still here with chance of a couple of more years if my latest treatment takes hold and keeps hold of my MM.

I feel desperately sorry that your Dad did not get a run at the treatments that might well have allowed him some small victories and enough time for slow goodbyes. We lost three good friends, Patrick, Peter and Gordon in similar circumstances last year, all too soon, all denied a good run at the treatments available.

I am a Quaker by conviction, although I do not actively worship… but I firmly believe that there is 'that of God' in every person… and it is to 'that of God' in your Dad that I extend a loving prayer tonight. I did not know him and I do not know you but I feel as close as close can be to both of you at this moment…

I offer you my condolences and my love and I hope that you and your family will be comforted by the memories of your Dad and that those memories will sustain you and carry you through to a time when the tears and overwhelming sense of loss fades and the mention of his name automatically brings you closer to fond smiles and even laughter.

Regards and love :-).

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Dear Nicola

I am so sorry to read that your Dad has sadly passed away.

I am sending prayers and ((Hugs)) to you and your Family at this sad time and hope you have some comfort in the knowing that Dad is up with the Angels and now learning to be one to look not just after you and his Family but people like us and I thank your dad for being that angel that will look after you and us.

Stay strong and dont let the MM that your Dad suffered spoil your good memory's of your Dad

Love and Prayrs
    Tom xxx

Arthur
    Participant

Hi Nicola

Sorry to hear about your dad, and he WILL be with you in every step you take in life.

I'm 19 years old and my dad died nearly a month ago aged 53, due to MM taking its course.
    I still can't believe he's gone. Even whilst carrying his coffin with my 3 brothers it just didn't seem real.
    Anyway, just keep strong for your family and be there for one-another. I try and tell my mom, brothers and sister that I love them at least once a day.

Keep strong and I hope that at some point in the future we can begin to cope with the intense grief we feel at this moment.

Love to you and your family x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Nicola

Like everyone else, I am so sorry your dad lost the battle with MM so soon. Hold onto the fact that the love we have for one another never dies, but carrries on surrounding us with its warmth and protection. This is why memories are so comforting.

Hold on to the fact that death never has the last word. We have hope for a new life beyond this. To put it your way, your dad is an angel now.

My prayers are with you. Much love.

Mavis x

Gill
    Participant

Dear Nicola

I am sorry that your Dad has gone. We all want our loved ones to stay a little longer so please don't feel selfish.

I am in my early 60s and my dad died over 20 years ago. He is still around me somewhere. In small things that belonged to him that now adorn my home, in my memories and on rememberence sunday I watch with pride all the men that look like my dad did (and shed a tear or two)

Much love Gill x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RIP DAD 14/03/12’ is closed to new replies.