SCT

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ptlelec 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sabs
    Participant

Thank you Maggie, I guess I’m going to be feeling like this for quite some time, the next phase is another 4 months and then 18 months of maintenance after, so we are in it for the long haul, I just can’t wait for the day that hes not on treatment and in remission, but I suppose that nagging voice of when will it come back will then remain in my head.

It is good to hear in a way that your husband was diagnosed back in 2011 and is still in remission and keeping up with his lifestyle. It does go to show the progress made in the past 10 years, I just hope that they find a drug that will permanently keep this disease at bay and stop it from coming back.

The one thing I do take heart from is that most people in here have been diagnosed for quite some time and are all still doing well and living a full healthy life, it’s very reassuring.

Thank you

maggiemay
    Participant

Hi Sabs you are right it is a long haul and every day feels like a week when you are waiting on tests, appointments and treatment.  Six years on and I can’t say you get used to it but it does get easier, the first two years I couldn’t even say the word without crying.  It’s like the elephant in the room won’t go away but we are doing our best to get on with live and hope it’s a long time before it raises its ugly head again. Take care. Maggie

ptlelec
    Participant

Maggie
    Many thanks for your post, it gives me great pleasure that someone like your husband has just carried on, I hope all is well since your last post?

I have only just undergone my SCT harvest yesterday and had the worst headache. Headaches and bone pain are something that I have been experiencing in the last 3-4 months. At this point I must point out that each person is different, so side affects will be different.
    My consultant at my transplant hospital recommends that I should have an MRI after my procedure, so that should show if there are any issues in my back. This all started with cracked ribs after falling over some awning guy lines on our caravan!!
    I must say that we must trust in the professionals and follow their guidance.
    I have never been a great one for the technical medical side of things.
    We hope to be in the transplant stage in early March.
    Everyone says that you must be positive @nd push on through!

Away from this I would like to ask if anyone has tried CBD oil/capsules?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘SCT’ is closed to new replies.