SCT Underway

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Eve and Slim

Oh dont do shopping lol hate it with a passion.

I was told to buy "Tight" Clothes as you dont have to Iron them Lol.
    Slim will soon get better but it wont be next week I was a while before I knew I was better but stick with it and dont expect it too soon.

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Well he is home.Frail and bald with a good weight loss.so the time has come to build him up again,other wise buy a new set of cloths:-P

The journey down took 4 hours with a stop on the way,have to go back up on Thursday,and also have to go to Canterbury Hospital on Sunday and Wednesday.
    He is busy writing his board out for all the tablets,seems like we have stepped back a year.

he is just so glad to be home Love Eve

tom
    Participant

A Warm Welcome Home Slim 😀 gosh now then when I got home I at first found it scarey being out of hospital and not having a Nurse with me But I got over that pretty fast.

And Good Luck in your road to recovery Slim, If I remember correctly I was about a good two months before I felt the "Gosh Am Better" feeling and that was one great great feeling. and keep taking the anti sickness pills.

Eve Only give Slim small portians of food so as not to over face Slim with it looks better in small plates 😀 as I used to realy sigh when Elaine brought me my food just dint want it to be honest but hey ho am back up to 95 kg's and that was from 60 kgs.

Lots of Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Welcome home indeed Slim… just think back a year to all that nonsense you had to put up with and the sense of 'where is this all leading to'? Well its led you to here… a place where you find yourself totally rebooted with brand new stem cells building up your energy centre and offering a whole new slice of life.

It is going to take time… a couple of months at least until you start to feel something like and another four or five months after that until you feel completely human… but it is going to be worth the wait. The hard part is over and now you really do have to exercise patience and restraint.

As the American singer songwriter Woody Guthrie used to say… 'Take it easy but take it'.

Take it Slim. 😎

Dai.

susannah
    Participant

Hi Eve So pleased Slim is back home, its onwards and upwards now (as Tom would say)

Love to you both
    Suex

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

So glad that Slim is home and hope every day there is a big improvement. Take care
    Jean xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Eve

What a relief for you both for Slim to be home.

Take care

Alison

andyg
    Participant

Hi Eve and Slim.
    What great news Slim is back home.
    Hopefully the road ahead will be smooth and pass quickly till Slim is into a long remission.

Wishing you both all the best.

Andy xx

Elizellen
    Participant

How great to log on here today and see that Slim is home!

Just being in his own familiar surroundings will be a great boost I am sure.

I found my tastebuds took a while to get back to anywhere near normal so concentrated on strongly flaoured food initially to tempt the appetite. Tom's "small portions on small plates" tip is a good one, much less intimidating. 🙂

Wishing you both a smooth journey!

Eliz
    XX
    X

P.S. After returning from my 5 weeks in hospital I found Sam had mastered a basic washing programme after he discovered the "book of words" in the second week. Luckily the machine was already set on a cool-ish wash/anticrease programme so no damage done to white vests and pants, and most of his shirts are drip dry so looked OK without ironing!

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Eve and Slim

What good news that Slim is home – the other side of the SCT. After all the problems you have faced to get to this point, it is great to hear this. AS Dai says, there is a lot more hill to climb, BUT you are on the right side!

Very best wishes to you both.

Mavis x

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘SCT Underway’ is closed to new replies.