SCT

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Judy
    Participant

I have persuaded Nigel to go for his SCT he has been given a date of the 29th November at the City Hospital, Nottingham. They have told him he may have to go back on dialysis, I feel really worried because he really didnt want to have SCT for this reason. But to me he is 51 yrs old and has a life in front of him

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Judy, what an in incredibly hard decision you and Nigel have had to make. I, bed ready, start my SCT on Monday 22nd. At 68 I could say I have, at least the majority, of my life behind me and I feel so much for youngsters like yourselves. I wish you both the very best of luck.
    Kindest regards
    David

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Judy

Best of luck to you both, gordon had his 1st sct when he was just 50 and it gave him 6 good years of life,dayghter up theaisle the birth of 2 grandkids, after two years of other treatment now in KCH having his 2nd sct.

Such a b*** awful disease.

with love sarah

Judy
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, I had a phone call at lunch time, they had a cancellation, Nigel is now admitted to City Hospital for his SCT tomorrow

brocho
    Participant

Hi Judy so pleased Nigel got his bed Good luck and heres hoping he will be home soon and you can both get back to enjoying life again Please pass on my best wishes to Nigel love Bridget

Judy
    Participant

Thanks for the good wishes, Nigel got a phone call yesterday from the Hospital saying they have a bed yesterday he had to get booked in then he can go home and return today. As you can guess it was quite a shock but least he will be home for Christmas. Will keep you informed. Keep well.
    Judy

nickinoo
    Participant

Hi Judy,

How's things?

My husband Sam was discharged from Fletcher Ward on wednesday after his SCT. He is doing well.

The staff are very nice on the ward and looked after Sam well.

Take care and keep us updated.

Nicki x

Judy
    Participant

Hi Nicki
    Nigel is on Fletcher Ward and I agree with you that the staff are great. Due to his Kidney failure the consultants have been very aware not to overload him with fluids. He is waiting for a blood transfusion and hopefully will feel a little better afterwards.
    I am glad Sam is feeling better and wish him luck for the future.

Kind Regards,

Judy x

KWilson
    Participant

Scary time for you both – GOOD LUCK!

xxxxxxx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SCT’ is closed to new replies.