sign in !!!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  webteam 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi, I signed in to reply to a forum posting. It then took me to my profile, which is not where I wanted to be, I then had to find my way back to the forum. I then tried to post and was told I had to sign in! As I move around the forum sometimes I am “signed in” others I am not!

over to you!

kindest regards – vasbyte

David

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi David
    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I was on holiday Mon/Tue. Did you manage to resolve this problem? I noticed you have posted since.

Regards
    Stuart

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes, seems ok now.

Carolsymons
    Participant

I had the same problems signing in a week or so ago. I gave up that night, tried the next day and it worked. I wonder why it randomly signs you out?

Carol

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Carol / David
    I’ve had a look into this and I think it’s being caused by the website using cookies to keep you signed in. These cookies are set by default to expire after two weeks so sometimes you get signed out. This is apparently done as a security measure but I think two weeks is a bit short. I’m going to look into extending the expiration date and have the site keep everyone signed in for longer.

Regards
    Stuart

Perkymite
    Participant

Well I could understand that if it was when I was coming back after say 10 days. But this actually happens when I am trying to sign in. It may well be the cookie is not recognised by all the other pages and consequently when I click on one page I am not signed in but when I change the page to another I am signed. If that make sense.

Cheers – keep up the good work.

David

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by  Perkymite. Reason: typos

irondylis
    Participant

Hi David
    Thanks for the information. I’m a little stumped as to what’s happening with your browser. I’m a Chrome person myself as I’ve always found it the least troublesome browser. You are running pretty much the same setup as me apart from Norton. I wonder if maybe that is being a bit aggressive and blocking something from our site. Are there any settings in that can be set to trust our website?

Regards
    Stuart

-Woops. Logged in with the wrong account. It’s still Stuart at Myeloma UK here!

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by  irondylis.

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Stuart, You know you are probably right.

I have used Norton since it first started I think. I have never had any problems with it. However in November 2013 I upgraded and I had a few problems in doing so which rather threw me at the time. However this new Norton is a lot more aggressive and even has a deep cleaning program for the first time, it is quite mild though. I had carried out several other driver/bios upgrades at the same time. However I started to get random screen freezes. I rolled back everything and searched high and low but did not check Norton for some strange reason. I could not find the problem.

I though it was the fan in the end and decided to replace it and at the same time stick in extra RAM and an SSD as my main drive and move the current main drive to my second slot. Part of the exercise was to re-install Win 7 , my laptop was getting a little slow. I play World of Tanks with the Grandchildren and at 71 playing a 16 year old I need all the speed I can get. During the process I decided I now did not need Win 7 Ready Boost. So I tried to format SD Card to discoverer that Norton was not allowing the installation of the Driver, It was also not allowing me to upgrade Family tree Maker program either. I fixed both problems but it has certainly broken my trust in Norton.

Thanks for your input.

David

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi All
    I’ve looked into the issue with people being signed out after a short amount of time. I’ve changed the settings so you should now be kept signed in for 6 months rather than 2 weeks. You may get asked again in a few weeks as you are currently set to be logged out after 2 weeks but after you sign in again the new 6 month rule will take effect.

As usual if you run into any issues please let me know in the forum or by email.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sign in !!!!’ is closed to new replies.