Silent Witness

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Ok now that Silent Witness is finished I can recommend The Big C
    a comedy of sorts about a cancer sufferer. I missed the 1st one but laughed a lot at the second one. Some hard language, but not unnecassary, and usualy apropriate.
    Think its channel 4 on Thurs
    Min

Gaye
    Participant

Thanks Min – I glanced at that one but gave it the cold shoulder. Tuesday night was just not the same – Holby having to settle in with new characters, Malik we learn is gay and Nurse Petrenko becomes an F1 doctor overnight and in the same ward. My favourite now is Sasha. I could fall in love with him! I am going through withdrawal symptoms with Silent Witness. Sad but true.

Good one I picked up on Channel 4 is The Promise on Thursday I think but for all round dopiness and characters it has to be Come Flyn With Me. I know I have completely lost it.

Love to you all.Gaye xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye how are you feeling ? Any news on your rt yet? I am now addicted to scandinavian tv police dramas on bbc 4 .Wallander got me hooked , even better than the Kenneth Branagh versionNow on Saturdays we watcg 2 hours of danish drama , The Killing I highly recommend it lots of characters that you care about and very well acted As long as sub-titles dont get on your nerves its truly brilliant ! lots of love Bridget x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Bridget – in answer to your question, totally fed up waiting to hear when I get the nod to start RT treatment. This is the problem with multi-hospital involvement and I hate it. Shall be on the phone tomorrow to get some answers.

My favoure Wallander has been with Krister Henrikksen. Kenneth Branagh's version just left me losing the will to live. I shall look into the Danish one this weekend so thanks for reminding me.

How is your pain now Bridget – I hope you are now feeling some relief.

Take care and much love. Gaye x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Bridget an Gaye

I love the danish Wallender i did enjoy K Branagh's version as well, but i can understand what you are saying gaye, and losing the will to live!! one reason i like the danish version apart from the great acting and story lines is that i have the telly to myself the rest of the family are to lazy to read the sub-titles!!

love sarah xx

Min
    Participant

Dear Gaye & Bridget.
    You could both do with a break(pun) and get some relief from the pain, Is you RT having any effect yet Bridget? and as for you Gaye well time to start thinking of getting in touch with Pals. There is no need for anyone to suffer silently. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Holby on your doorstep and one of those characters to look after you. I certainly love Sasha, but Petrenko is becoming my favourite now that Dear dopy Burn has gone.
    Here,s one to get you going….
    Which television character Doctor/nurse would you like to be treating you? Nick Jordon and Dr Kildare please for me.

brocho
    Participant

Dear Min I hope you enjoyed your birthday and now you are officially allowed to grow old disgracefully !! You can now wear outrageous hats, jump in puddles , talk to yourself and answer , in fact anything you fancy ! Of course the men in white coat may come after you !! As for men in white coats– Sacha could definitely charm me into feeling better , Nick Jordan far too dodgy I would prefer the younger tragic one from casualty whose name escapes , tall dark and brooding Petrenko is the funniest and scariest too! The rt has worked its magic for the most part , the pain isnt constant but seems to come back for a few hours then disappear for a couple of days Hopefully it will have gone completely soon Gaye I hope you had some luck in chasing yours up today If not threaten them with a protest march by the militant myelomas, I can just picture it now , all of us hobbling around with placards outside the hospital , wouldnt that be a site to see !! Guess who is on dex today ! love Bridget ( aka Rent an Anarchist!!!)x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Silent Witness’ is closed to new replies.