Silent Witness

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

I don't how many of you watch Silent Witness but yesterday's episode was made at the Royal College of Physicians in London where Myeloma UK always hold their London Info Day. I kept thinking that I knew this place but with people being shot all over the place (it was the Dutch Embassy) – surely not. Well I am sure this is all riveting to you and perhaps I should get myself a life! Episode 2 this evening!
    Love, Gaye x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Gaye

I love Silent Witness and watched it last night and am looking forward to tonights episode. (really sad aren't I). Someone told me this is the last of it. I hope not – they took The Bill off and now this (now I m really SAD).. What next??

Hope you are keeping well.

Love Jean xx

Gaye
    Participant

Yes Jean I think you are right about it being the last one. Two sad people together! I was so worried when Harry nearly snuffed it last week wondering how the programme could survive – now we know.

Oh dear ………………

Gaye xx

Nettie
    Participant

Oh Gaye! I was almost in tears last week – I really thought Harry had been killed! I think they will leave us with a cliffhanger tonight as Harry is thinking of taking the job mentioned by the other forensic guy brought in to do the PM ….. riveting stuff indeed!!!

Nettie x

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

I will also be watching, i was so shocked when it looked as though Harry was gone, then shocked all over again when he turned up alive!!!

I will raise a glass to us all sados watching it, there is nothing else on the box.

love to all

sarah

brocho
    Participant

Now I feel like the odd one out !!My husband has complete control of the remote these days and I havent seen any of this series I shall look out for the repeats , I am sure there will be lots love Bridgetx

Gaye
    Participant

So girls, that was it as our heroic three walk off into the sunset will we ever see the likes of them again? Harry didn't take the job as his pent-up desire for wots-er-face is showing no signs of abating. It seems to be left open for us sados to start the Bring Back Silent Witness Campaign or walk off into the sunset with them and see if Harry finally gets his gal!

Bridget, regain control of the countrol. Do you want us to send the lads in and get it back…………………!

Bereft of Benfleet (aka Gaye xx)

jmsmyth
    Participant

Gaye you have missed your vocation. You should have been a TV crtic. Very well written!!!! Poor Harry still didn't get Dr Alexandra. They left it open – so maybe the delightful three will come back to our screens. If not, sign me up for the petition.
    (I know I know – I should get a life)
    Love Jean XX

brocho
    Participant

Have you all noticed the comments used as examples on the home are from this thread !!Bet anyone new reading them would be very confused tee-hee love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Gaye,
    Im not a fan Im afraid, work in a Scenes of Crime office and hope it does not alarm anyone because unexplained deaths are sadly regular events…. Well actualy its burglaries and car crime. When I used to watch it with the previous main character it was so far from the truth I lost interest.
    But I do love Holby have watched it since it sprung from 'Casualty' and although the amount of people who come to harm in the car parks of these hospitals makes me wonder,but its a good bit of escapism.
    Bridget this will really confuse the newcomers on the home page .
    Min

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Min – you can be excused for not joining us as yet another sado with a first class piece of evidence on your own behalf. I agree that watching Holby City does make you a sado and here too, along with Silent Witness, I must confess to being a double sado, so Tuesday is my evening of pure delight. After that it all goes downhill. Yes Holby car park is one killer car park but what I find worrying is how nobody, but nobody, ever serves their notice out when they leave. Amazing, here today, gone tomorrow.

I think I must lay down.
    Love, Gaye x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye and Min ( fellow saddos) I am with you on Holby City I love that programme , even if I do have to watch it on my laptop!! Mind you it is strange that we all spend a lot of time in hospitals yet still enjoy it , must be a deep seated psychlogical reason !! love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Dear Bridget
    Send your other half to the pub on Tuesdays so you can watch in peace and on a big screen. Peters clinic days are Tuesdays ,so egg and chips and the hand control are my idea of heaven on Tuesday evenings. Have been known to go to bed very early in order to watch undisturbed. Otherwise its Sunday morning while doing the ironing.
    I have even spent time teaching my other half how to surf the net for stuff he likes………………….(remote controlled tanks) just so he does not speak to me to interrupt the TV. As he is a total novice I find stuff I know he will like and send him links by e mail. I am dragging him kicking and screaming into the techno age and today he asked me to show him how to buy something… Now that is progress.
    luv min

brocho
    Participant

Dear Min how very cunning I love the e-mail idea My technophobe husband can look up his dream team only because I put it in favourites but not much else When I have tried to show him a shopping site he ends up on a page which is nothing to do with the original and I then have about 20 pages to remove Maybe he will get the hang of it one day !I hope Peter is feeling a bit better today love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Thanks Bridget,
    Actualy today he said he felt better than he has in ages. His reasoning being the velcade must be out of his system? In fact he remarked that he was feeling stronger, than he has since he started on velcade really did not do him any good. what little muscle tone he had gained before his relapse was lost whilst on velcade.
    Personally I think it has more to do with not going to work, he used to come home and just sleep for England. I know the interaction with his colleagues is beneficial but he simply has not got the stamina he had when he went back in September.. Poxy myeloma!
    luv Min

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Silent Witness’ is closed to new replies.