snow or not to snow??

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Elizellen 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Good morning everyone I was reading the weather forecast whilst shivering just a little and wondered if any of you are having problems snow ? In Bedfordshire we dont have any yet but apparently it is very likely on Friday. Min what is it like up north ? Nettie I hope you arent snowed in although when you post photos it always looks beautiful Still even if the landscape did look lovely I still dont enjoy snow anymore!!! What happened to the child I used to be who loved rolling in snow , throwing snowballs and best of all being the first to put my footprints on the snowy lawn Ah well now I just moan , such is life Stay warm and safe love Bridget x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Hope you are well. As I was reading your post I looked out the window and it was just starting to snow – very fine. Hope it stops as don't want to be snowed in like last year!,

Love Jean xx

Gill
    Participant

here in Orpington we woke up to a tiny dusting on cars, roofs etc but it had gone by about 9 it's bloomin cold though Gill

PS Orpington is Kent but not that far from London

Min
    Participant

Its very cold Bridget, and the chill in the air is cutting. The frozen north is still that,but no snow yet.we had a few mornings with frost and I dug my ski suit out to keep me warm while walking the dogs but not needed to use it yet.
    I'm off to visit the grandchildren at weekend. Taking all the dogs for a change. Perhaps it will be warmer near to brum. Will let you know. They love snow!
    Love min

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Well it is the 4th and snow warnings are out,very cold with wind,but no snow,it would not surprise me,if this little corner misses it. Eve

Min
    Participant

About to get in the car and head off south to Daughters Hope I dont hit the snow on the way . My plan is to get there before it

Min

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min safe journey put your foot down so that you beat the snow!! Apparently this evening it will creep into this part of the world and carry on all night Brrrr! love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Saturday 6pm… the snow is creeping across the east Midlands… the Vale of Belvoir is white… a bit more icing sugar than carpet but it is due to come in a bit thicker later on. Snow is one of my guilty pleasures… I understand how troublesome it can be for so many but the sight of it falling and waking to its clean serenity is still one of the few pleasures in life that takes my breath away.

A couple of inches for a day or two… and then you can have the green and brown back for the rest of the winter.:-)

Dai.

Min
    Participant

Made it with minutes to spare. Three dogs and me and beat the snow but the is now a coving of about 2 inches better be gone by the time I go home

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min glad you made it before the white stuff!! We have a smattering of snow now my grandson managed to make small snowball. I will try not to moan for Dais sake but brrr!!! Stay warm love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    Well the garden of England has become a white garden over night.

Woke up and the ground is white and the sky dark grey plenty more on the way.Hard to say how much has fallen as its drifted and looks lots in some places.Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi all
    Well there's a turn up fit the books! Here in N Ireland we always get the rough weather but at the moment the temp outside is in the balmy 7's or 45 in real money. Enjoy the snow. We will probably get it eventually!

Jean x

Min
    Participant

Bridget today I went sledging on a nearby hill wth two grandchildren and my 3dogs' and emma's 2dogs.
    It was wonderful not too cold but I got my bum very wet when Made to sit on one of those tiny bum shaped boards!
    Very memorable for me and the kids,particularly as my old old dog was the only one that wanted or could pull the sledge…happy day.
    Minx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min that sounds wonderful I can just picture it! I bet the children loved you joining in and dogs are hilarious in the snow My hairy grandson has been here for 2 weeks and he loves the snow , had me in stitches this morning his face was saying woohoo!! love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

So far, so perfect around here. The snow remains in gardens and fields but the roads, from A to B, back-lanes and side-streets are clear.. allowing those that need to move around free access to do so while the kids of all ages can enjoy themselves rotten. 😀

No fresh fall since Sat PM.

Dai.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘snow or not to snow??’ is closed to new replies.