Sorry …hair again

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccaR 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi, can anyone who has undergone SCT and come out the other side with very curly, unmanageable, hair tell me if the hair starts to “relax” at all or is this the new it forever? Never had curls, hate curls, and curls don’t lend themselves to short styles – unless its the old fashioned tight perm look. Been wearing a wig since harvesting last October and now fed up of it but more fed up of looking at curls.
    Rebecca

petesilver
    Participant

Hello Rebecca,

Yes after my SCT my hair grew back nice and wavy I was hoping it would stay that way but sadly its now all back the normal straight look, I think you will have to bear with it but I am sure eventually you will get back to your original style but it just takes time and a few hair cuts.

Make the most of what you have now it won,t happen again.

Peter x

rebeccaR
    Participant

thanks Peter, But I really hate it – how long did it take approx. to straighten out? I have already accepted going from blonde to extremely dark – which I now love – and think I could cope with a short chic look but those damn curls/waves are getting in the way of any hope of chic!

petesilver
    Participant

I can’t really remember how long, people use to say how nice if looked as my hair was silver grey, but as I said every time I had it cut the more it was back to its ordinary state.

But I know how fussy you ladies are when it comes to your hair, my wife is just the same its never just quite right, even after going to the hairdressers. So just go with the flow and remember staying in remission is more important than your hair.

Regards

Peter

tonyf
    Participant

Exactly the same Rebecca, my hair grew back very thick and ultra curly, I had a real mullet. Never had curly hair before, hated it but let it grow for a while, went to the barbers had it all cut short and the curls never returned. Gone back as it was.
    Regards
    Tony F

rebeccaR
    Participant

Thanks tony, yes I think that’s the only solution after researching the net the only way to get rid of chemo curls is lop em off – however I have waited so long for 2 1/2″ of hair this is yet another cruel twist and cannot bear to do it until its much longer. Thanks

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Rebecca
    I too have a head of curls…yuk! I posted elsewhere that someone told me I looked like a golliwog, but I felt like an old lady with a perm as my hair is silvery grey. But I have just been to the hairdressers who has cut it short at the back and sides so at least it looks like it now has a bit of style. But I agree with you I HATE curls!

Carol

Ali
    Participant

Hi,
    My Mum also hated the curls! Don’t panic ladies it will soon be back in some sort of style. Keep having a little trim. Get rid of the ends. 7 months post sct and you should be close! Meanwhile, have you tried Argan oil in yiur hair? Just a little bit,seemed to relax the curls a little. Smells nice and gave Mum a sense of “doing her hair”.

Love Ali

rebeccaR
    Participant

Thanx Ali, have just ordered some off ebay – am a bit loathe to cut what l ittle I have but will bite the bullet to get rid of this tight perm look. Rebecca

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sorry …hair again’ is closed to new replies.