Start fludarabine tomorrow

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi,well as my title say's i'm starting Fludarabine tomorrow,has anybody had this before if so how did you feel,. I had my hickman lines inserted Thursday just gone,been a little uncomfortable. Last time i had them i had them fitted in my right side,this time i had them fitted in my left side,bit more tricky then what the surgeon thought,but boy did it hurt,i cried,he was really heavy handed and left me quite bruised,looks like i have a dirty neck,. Well thats me all ready to start the chemo tomorrow,and ready for the transplant next Tuesday. Today has been a really lovely day,we had a very early christmas dinner with Stephen and my 2 stepchildren,we had all the trimmings and crackers hahah,so a good day had by all. Hope everybody is well ttfn x x x Shirls x x x x

Gaye
    Participant

Good luck to you Shirley and I hope that all goes well for you. You know we will all be supporting you and I am so glad that you have celebrated your Christmas today. Now, as young Tom always says "it is onwards and upwards". Such a wise man!

Love, Gaye xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Shirley sounds like you are all set .Love the early xmas dinner what a good idea Try not to worry too much , it wont be long before its all over Good luck and lots of love Bridget x

Gill
    Participant

I do hope all goes well for you and I am pleased that you got your Christmas dinner

Mind you I am pretty angry that you experienced pain when they fitted a Hickman Line. What do these guys do ???? leave it to the plumber????

You mm lot have enough to deal with without going through unnecessary pain and discomofort from common everyday procedures.

Good luck with your next course of treatment

Love and best wishes from Gillxx

Min
    Participant

All the very best for you shirley. Im sure you will be home before you know it, Lucky You to have had Christmas early, you missed those massive queues in the supermarkets ! Might try some of that myself.
    I believe the weather is about to turn awful so batten down the hatches in Devon. (hope I remembered correctly) if its not Devon wherever you are
    MIn

myra
    Participant

Hi Shirls wishing you all the best for your SCT next tuesday .I am sure you will soon be home again. Love Myra

shirley
    Participant

Thanx everybody,had such a long afternoon up the hospital today,they asked me to come in for 3-30,but it was nearly 6oclock when they saw me,and it was so warm up there, i nearly drifted off hahaha,but all went well,back again tomorrow afternoon. I went into town earlier to get Steve's xmas present,which was a new mobile fone,and while i was there i got myself a dongle,so that i can take my laptop in with me,so i'll still be able to post and keep everyone updated,well i'm off to my bed,been a long day, nighty night all x x x x

Mari
    Participant

Good luck for the SCT Shirls, hope all goes well for you, Mari xx

shirley
    Participant

Thankyou Myra and Mari,well 4 down and last one this afternoon,been a long week,i'm feeling ok with the fludarabine,its left me with the munchies hahaha,but come 8oclock at night i must say i'm ready for my bed,it does tire you out,but then sitting up the hospital for hours on end don't help either,but i'm good,and i'm ready for next week,my sister started her growth shots yesterday,she's doing ok,alot better since she had the iron tabs,so some good came out of that,well i'm again appiontment 2oclock,wonder how long i'll have to wait today hahahah,bye for now Shirls, Hope your feeling ok this week Myra and not to hype!!!! x x x x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Shirley,

I hope the Christmas spirit and the festive season helps ease you through your SCT and that when you come out it really will be both a HAPPY and brand NEW year. 🙂 😎

Wishing you a Happy SCT and a Merry Xmas.:-D

Dai. xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Shirley

Am pleased to hear its going well 😀 and am sure your Sister will do great with the growth shots8-)

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Shirley
    Just catching up on site and saw your posting.
    All the very best for your SCT. Strangley enough just read an article about how good it is for young MMs to have one. Will be thinking of you and will look out for news of how you are getting on.

All blessings.

Mavis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Start fludarabine tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.