Start stem cell

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Etta
    Participant

Hi this is my first post, my husband joined in my name last year.
    He had asked some questions and had good replys as I was very poorly then.

I started my injections for stem cell collection on wednesday 4 July and go tomorrow morning hopefully for my mobilisation. Yesterday was day 4 of my injections but I got really bad pains in my breastbone and lower back. Is this normal?

My husband has just come down and said he has put a post on made me laugh.
    Etta .

tom
    Participant

Hi Etta
    Yep thats normal mine came in spasms and lasted about three days, well worth it though the more pain the more cells 😀

Good Luck and Nice "First" post hope to hear from you Both again.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Etta
    Participant

Hi Tom
    Thanks for the reply at least I know it's normal so no pain no gain.
    Etta

tom
    Participant

Hi Etta

Not a problem.

When I had my harvest it took 3 hours on the machine, all pain free am pleased to tell you 😀 and collected enough in one session 😎 so didn't have to go back.

Good Luck with yours

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Eva
    Participant

Dear Etta,
    The injections for mobilisation can not only cause pain but also flu-like symptoms. The actual harvesting doesn't seem to have many side-effects. Sometimes if the procedure creates a shortage of calcium then there can be a slight tingling in the lips. Staff at the hospital then can offer a calcium pill. The harvesting can be a bit boring as it can take hours, so bring something to read or listen to.
    Best of luck,
    Eva

tmc
    Participant

Hi Eta
    Hope all goes well with your collection and they get enough the first time
    Love Teresa.

Etta
    Participant

Hi Tom, Eva and Teresa,
    Thanks for all your replys just getting ready to set off to Blackpool vic now.
    Fingers crossed the injections worked there magic.
    Love Etta

Elizellen
    Participant

Good to see you posting too, Etta!!

I was told that the more "bone pain" I felt while my cells were (hopefully) multiplying the more cells would be available for harvest, so in this case pain is good!

Wishing you all the best for an uneventful procedure throughout.

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

tom
    Participant

Hi Etta

Hope they got enough in one sitting 😎 I hate seconds Lol xxx

Etta
    Participant

Still here ended up going to theatre to have lines put in my groin,
    As the machine started to drag and my veins were getting tired.
    So I think I might have an over night stay.love Etta

tom
    Participant

Aww Etta you tight devil not even parting with your stem cells, go on girl let them have them I promise they will give them back to you soon 😀

I had a Femoral Line done for my bits (in the groin) and am sure thats the best thing to do as it seems to me to get less infections or problems.

Etta did you have a Nurse with you all the time you were on the machine? my nurse never left my side bless her but we had a good laugh and a good chat.

Hope the femoral line works better for you

Love and Gentle hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

andyg
    Participant

Hi Etta.
    I hope everything goes well with your collection and you get enough stem cells with your femoral line.

All the best
    Andy x

Mari
    Participant

Morning Etta,

Hope you are feeling well today and rested, did you have to stay in overnight? Good luck for the rest of the harvest procedure today, lets hope you get lots and lots of lovely stem cells,

Much love Mari x

tom
    Participant

Good afternoon Etta

And how did we do today 😀 Hope you got enough for two (not that you will need two 😎 )

Get them all in freezer in small bags.

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Etta
    Participant

Hi all back home collected 2.1 yesterday and 2.6 today doctor said that was good.
    My nurses were lovely,thought I might have to stay in as my leg started to bleed heavily but stopped after more bed rest and pressure. Thanks for all your kind words love Etta

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Start stem cell’ is closed to new replies.