Start stem cell

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

A Warm Welcome Home Etta, and a well done n ow for the SCT 😎

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi etta

Just been keeping up with your posts and stem cell harvest. Good luck with the rest of the SCT. Colin is a bit behind you and harvest is due 25/26july. Fingers crossed and best of luck

Vicki and Colin x

Etta
    Participant

Good morning all had a good nights sleep first in weeks,thanks Tom for your posts and I am having a rest today Craig is working from home to keep me under control ha ha,love Etta

Etta
    Participant

Hi vicki and Colin.
    Thanks for your message I am being very positive as I want to go and visit my daughters in oz at christmas,I hope all goes well for Colin love Etta

Mari
    Participant

Morning Etta,

Pleased to hear you are home and resting up. Well done on the harvest, nearly 5 million is a good job, and before long they will be coming back to you to build you back up after the melphalan has done it's job and knocked out those nasty little myeloma cells. When are you going in for your transplant?

My husband Stephen is just behind you, he is having his harvest next Monday, Tuesday and hoefully not, Wednesday. This is his second SCT and he is going in on 19th August for that, same as Colin and Ali's Mum, ( what is her name Ali?)

Take care today Etta, with this weather it's just as well to snuggle down on the sofa! good luck for the rest of the procedure,

Much Love Mari xx

Mari
    Participant

Hi Tom.

You dockers muct be a viral bunch, only 3 hours to get all the Stem Cells you needed, that must be some kind of record,

Glad you are still doing so well,

Much love Mari xx

tom
    Participant

And a Good Afternoon Etta

Well done you girl its good to rest.

Just remind me Etta when is your transplant due for??

Love

tom
    Participant

Hi Mari

Yes just the three hours (or was it 5 hours ?? al aks elaine lol) on the bed and got enough (nearly for two) but the beggers put them into three bags instead of two so I was given the lot and i think that why I have done so well I had more than most of cells shoved back in that the fight was easier for me?? 😎

And Honest I have been told more than once that Us "Dockers" are full of "It" ??? lol xx

Lovbe Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Etta
    Participant

Hi Tom they haven't given me the exact date but mid August.said the will get my local hospital Preston to put my line in.
    So I will wait for that special letter coming.
    If all goes well we are hoping to go to oz to see our daughters.love Etta

Etta
    Participant

Hi Mari thanks for the post I think mid August I will be back at Blackpool so all being well all off us will get good results,good luck to Stephen ,Colin and Alis mum. Love mum

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Etta

Good luck to you and good luck with SCT.I hope you are well recovered to visit your family in Oz. How fantastic. We are dreaming of a nice long hot holiday, but would make do with anywhere, as long as Colin is fit and healthy. Sounds like a few of us will be going through it one way or another in the next few weeks x

Vicki and Colin 🙂 🙂 🙂

tom
    Participant

Hi Etta

Just a thought ? I had my SCT in December 2009 and I was told not to fly for at least 6 months?? so the first holiday abroad my Stem Cells had was end of July.
    I know a lot of Consultants and Hospitals differ in treatment and care but just thought I would let you know?, dont know when others have been told when to or when not to fly?

Love

Etta
    Participant

Hi Tom, Craig here (she's fast asleep so snuck on)

That was the first question she asked the consultant at Blackpool when we went to see him!! Never mind the treatment plan, can I fly? LOL

He said as long as she was fit enough to travel he had no objections, I think she's determined come hell or high water that we're off down under at Xmas 🙂

Hopefully all will be well but I have told her if she's not up to it, then that's all there is to it and we go in the new year sometime instead, the girls will understand.

All being well she should be going in around 4 weeks time, they're going to confirm the date but said to expect mid August, Sarah our coordinator has given us a good idea of what to expect and they seem a great bunch at Blackpool. Everyone we've spoken to there has said how good they are.

She's been a restless patient today having to keep off her feet and she's having another night in the bed downstairs too (I insisted so I will be in the bad books again tomorrow) as I didn't want her putting too much pressure on her leg trying to get upstairs.

Anyway, time to hit the sack. Night all.

Craig

Ali
    Participant

Hi Etta

Another hurdle over, well done for your collection! A holiday to Oz sounds fantastic, where abouts do your daughters live? I lived there for a while, wish we were having some of their weather at the moment! Rest up now! xx

Hi Mari, my Mums name is Margaret. She doesnt post on here, prefering to know only as much as is necessary. I, on the other hand have found this site to be a godsend – thanks all 🙂

Love Ali x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Craig & Etta,

I'm glad that everything's going relatively smoothly towards the SCT.:-)

Now, I've never flown so far around the world but I have been at 3 month's post-SCT. Hmmm. I think you should consider Easter as a target… a great goal and while the season might not be as socially important or attractive, Etta will feel much fitter and much likelier to have fewer problems.:-)

Honestly.. at 3 months I was feeling as happy as that bloke Larry just to be driving Janet to the shops.8-)

Dai.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Start stem cell’ is closed to new replies.