Starting treatment tomorrow

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ange 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ange
    Participant

After smouldering for 18 months and having a thorough review I am now starting CTD treatment tomorrow, 3 week cycle, also having Zometa 4 weekly. I am feeling very positive and strong but at the same time a little apprehensive. I hope to continue working for as long as possible and will be busy with my family etc. I feel relieved that the waiting part is over and now can get on with the treatment. Andrea

Perkymite
    Participant

Best of luck in your treatment Ange. Your feelings are just right, the road ahead can be up and down and bumpy at times but keep that attitude and you will be fine.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

tom
    Participant

Hi Andrea

Well good luck with it I was on CTD in 2009 and had to pack in work half way through my third 28 day cycles as I was wayy too tired by then had about a year off work that let me have my SCT in December 2009, got four years remission out if that. Just take one day at a time it’s a doable but it has it’s moments stay strong and you will crack it don’t try to do too much as your body will tell you to slow down and rest, listen to your body and you will sail through it.

Good luck on your road to remission

Tom onwards and upwards xxx

ange
    Participant

Hi David and Tom

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. My first day has gone well and everyone in work has been very supportive as are my family and friends. I only work Weds Thurs and Fri so will be able to pace myself. Andrea xx

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi Andrea

I concur with Tom. I had a broken collarbone, so was off work at diagnosis but as I progressed with the CDT there was no way I could continue working. For the last 2 cycles I really just moved from bed to chair and back again. In fact I think I suffered more from side effects during the CDT, than after the transplant. So don’t push yourself…if you need time off work then take it. Your health is your priority. I am just 10 weeks post transplant and returned to work yesterday (on a phased return). I also went back for 6 weeks about a month after CDT finished while I was doing stem cell collection and waiting for transplant.

Carol

ange
    Participant

Hi Carol

Thank you for the advice, I will take time off when I need it. I work in a hospital and feel very safe there, I think work will help keep my mind occupied for the time being! I wish you well on your recovery, you seem to have done very well. Best wishes Andrea xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Andrea

Just wishing you all the best with your treatment , positive thought is so important, hard to do but keeps your chin up. Hope all goes well for you

Vicki and Colin xx

ange
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin, thank you. I joined this forum when first diagnosed with smouldering myeloma and have had the benefit of reading all your posts and others at the various stages people are at. It is very reassuring to have this forum and the support of Myeloma UK. Best wishes Andrea xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Starting treatment tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.