Support group xmas dinner x x

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi Everyone,Sorry for being slightly quiet,been abit flat,just a blip i'm sure(change of weather),anyway starting to pick up again,i've been poorly with GVHvD,its affected my lungs well 1 of them anyway,been told its perminatly damage,my breathing has been terrible,but its more controlled now that i've oxygen tanks in my house,anyway back to xmas dinner,.Our support group had their 1st xmas dinner at the weekend,and it was lovely,the friends that turned up made it a huge success,and the best bit was that just for a couple of hours you forgot your not well,quite uplifting,i hope that if you are attending a dinner,ihope that you all have a great time,have a good weekend my friends well whats left of it ha ha love Shirls x x

Roz
    Participant

Hi Shirley,

So sorry to here you've been so unwell. Glad your improving though even though you now have oxygen in the house. I'm glad you've had a good xmas dinner and it helped you forget your probs for a while.

All the best to you now and the future, your a good inspiration to all mm sufferers.

Love to you
    Roz xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Shirley

Sorry to hear about your Lungs re GVHD BUT am pleased you had a great time at the groups Xmas Dinner and the moral of this one is Get out Often and eat good food with good people it always helps 😀

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwrds" xxx

shirley
    Participant

Thanx Roz & Tom,i'm doing ok,on a good more positive road today,and it helps that Stephen is letting me clean the house abit more than i have. Bless him he knows my limits and he's very quick to stop me too,but it is good that i'm much more mobile and can start pottering around,biggest job is getting xmas sorted hahaha. Roz i do hope that you've been keeping well and that life is moving on nicely again for you,for now stay strongbest wishes Shirl's x x

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Shirley,
    Your a star. Just you get well, don't do too much.
    Went to my 1st counselling yesterday. It's left me drained and reliving last yr.

All the best to you
    Roz xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Shirley

Am please you are more positive now as am sure a good mind is a great healer 😀 but dont do too much

Love and Hugs Iccle ole me xxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Shirley sorry I must have missed your post till now Your christmas dinner sounds great and its always nice to forget about mm for a while. I am so glad you are starting to feel better but as Roz says dont overdo things , mind you it sounds as though Stephen will make sure you dont Will you need oxygen permanently now ? Or will your lungs improve over time even though the damage is permanent Its easy to forget the risks of transplants now more and more are being done, it seems very unfair that you were unlucky with yours I cant help but admire your strength and sunny nature both of which have helped you get through the bad times , I hope there are lots of good times coming your way now that you are on the mend love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Shirley
    Glad to hear you are managing to get out,have they given you a portable one,it makes all the difference being able to move about,out of the 4 walls.I have seen people on planes with the portable tanks,so there will be no stopping you soon.8-)

You sounded if you enjoyed your Christmas outing,turkey and all the trimmings?????.We do not have anything like that in East Kent,would have to travel 80 miles for the nearest support group,so this site helps us the most. Just let Stephen do the heavy bits,as a carer I can say it,s awful watching someone struggle,I try not to fuss watching Slim sometimes but it is hard,I get scared to go out some times,as I know he waits for me to go,and starts doing things!!!:-P my fear is he will do more damage to his bones.So be kind to Stephen,Love Eve

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Shirley

I share others' disappointment at your breathing complications. Do hope things improve as time passes and that you can really enjoy the Christmas period.

I admire your determination it is sure to pay off in a general improvement.

Love

Mavis

shirley
    Participant

Big thankyou to everyone,Stephen has been my true rock,i now know my limits as to what i can do,but at the same time i don't want to leave Stephen everything to do,he's been abit runned down,he had a bad cold the other week and then he did his back in poor love,but he's picking up again,. Eve i do have a portable tank which has been great,such freedom,i've also got a big electric one,its been great. Bridget i got told my breathing will slightly improve,but the problem will never go away,thank god to the tanks:). I had myeloma clinic the other day,and apart from my breathing probs,i'm doing really well,just abit over cooked on this gvhd,so some positive news.Thankyou all again take care for now Shirls x x

tom
    Participant

Hi Shirl

Am Pleased you are getting better though slightly over cooked lol.
    Am sure Stephen wont mind doing the bits and bobs, Keep Good and stay strong

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Support group xmas dinner x x’ is closed to new replies.