Taking a break in treatment, advice please

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  johnwishart 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

johnwishart
    Participant

Hi,

my dad is on his forth cycle of chemo, in tablet form

he asked the doctors for time off from the meds

they said one month off

is this set bac

Carolsymons
    Participant

Hi

Everyone is different but I delayed starting treatment for a month so that I could have a holiday. I don’t think it made any difference. As experienced people here keep saying battling this disease is a marathon not a sprint. Having said that I know when I finished my 6 cycles of initial therapy (CDT) it took more than a month before I felt somewhere near normal again.

Carol

Perkymite
    Participant

I am on my 10th cycle of Revlimid and have been taken off treatment for a month whilst I underwent a Prostate operation and had a couple of teeth out. I expect to go back on treatment at the end of Aug. In the grand scheme of things, I was informed, this should not make a lot of difference. I go in Friday to see my Consultant and it will be interested to hear the results of my blood test for the skipped month.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Helen
    Participant

Hi
    I too am having a month off treatment, mainly as none have worked for very long for me, so I’m having a break, more bloods then see what happens. If your dad is finding it very hard going then perhaps it is best for him
    Helen

johnwishart
    Participant

Many thanks for your kind replies.

Best wishes to you all too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Taking a break in treatment, advice please’ is closed to new replies.