Test prior to SCT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

I am being lined up for my long awaited SCT on the 22 Nov.

Prior to this I have to go through a barrage of tests.
    first – 10th is a Echocardiogram on my heart
    next – 11th is a Lung function Test (treadmill and breathing mouthpiece etc..)
    then – 18th Creatinine clearance 24 hour urine sample (Liver and Kidneys.
    Lastly – 19th Blood tests.

If I pass all of these I am admitted on the 22nd. I just do not recollect others saying they had to have these test and I wondered if anybody else did. Just interested that is all.
    Kindest regards
    David

SharonG
    Participant

Hi David

Yes I did! I had slightly different variations, but had all the tests, so don't worry. I have another echocardiogram on Wednesday as I developed a heart arrythmia since my transplant- Great!
    Wishing you luck

Sharon x

Gaye
    Participant

Don't think you can get away with not having the tests David – there have to be some perks in having a SCT! Yes, like Sharon, mine varied from yours but it probably depends on the type of myeloma that we have. It's all becoming a reality now and you know we will be here to spur you on in the same way that you do for others.
    Love, Gaye x

Min
    Participant

Hi David
    Peter had all of them on the same day except for urine collection. He never had one of those even though he had light chain mm.
    What a shame you have to drag yourself there for several days in a row. But best of luck with them all.
    Min

Perkymite
    Participant

Thanks girls, It is nice to know, sort of reassuring, that everything is "normal" so to speak.
    I am planning to take in my laptop, my children bought it for me for my birthday with this occasion in mind. So hopefully I am going to be able to give you the news as it happens!
    It is no hassle to go to the hospital Min it is 500 yds from my front door, it is such a lovely place and the staff are more my friends than I am their patent. I walk through a lovely park, where I used to walk my dogs ? such great memories, and I am there.

kindest regards
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Test prior to SCT’ is closed to new replies.