Three Years!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  andyg 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Everyone.

Three years ago today the words Multiple Myeloma entered my world. What a roller coaster it been.

Got my latest blood results Thursday and they were all ok though I was a little anaemic. However my PPs were below 8 the lowest they’ve been since that fateful day 3 years ago! Hopefully pomalidomide can keep working it’s magic.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

tonyf
    Participant

Well done Andy G hope the success continues. Hey the Greek sunshine has probably got something to do with it as well!
    Keep going.
    Regards Tony F

petesilver
    Participant

Good news Andy,  let’s  hope all keeps well just  keep positive,  I’m in my 10th year and currently on another course of  velcade starting cycle 2 on Tuesday,  so I’m hoping it’s works  the same as last time.

bandityoga
    Participant

We’ll done Andy you have come a long way and manage to stay positive. Ian was diagnosed 2 years on 25 October.

Keep it up x

Perkymite
    Participant

Well done young man (I love using that phrase he he) With your attitude I can see another three years stretching out before you.

Keep going buddy

kindest regards – vasbyte

David

rebeccaR
    Participant

Andy, I know this has been hell of an uphill struggle for you with many downs re treatment success but fantastically well done – I think when your treatments haven’t worked as well as they could your strength of spirit has worked just as well and rebalanced the scales – plus the sun and smiles.

Rebecca

stanley-1960
    Participant

Andy,

Well done on your third anniversary. It must be the drink and Greek holidays. here’s hoping for many more.

Stanley

andyg
    Participant

Hi all.

Many thanks for all the replies.

Today marks another anniversary – Three years ago today Steph and I were married.

It’s been a roller coaster these past 3 years and I don’t know how I would coped without Steph. We’ve managed to get by and fit a few trips in, we’re at the lakes now, sometimes for pleasure and sometimes for health ie the hospital.

Things are okay at the moment fingers crossed the grim reaper on my shoulder can sleep a lot longer.

Every day is a gift.

Andy xx

petesilver
    Participant

Congratulations on both….it is a roller-coaster on myeloma and you are dealing with it with the right attitude.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Andy

Congratulations from me too! So glad that at last they have found something to bring those numbers down.

Many more years for you and Steph. Thank you for all you encouragements.

Go well.

Mavis

Mothas
    Participant

Andy I’m delighted for you. Pom seems to be doing the job great stuff.

Nanna59
    Participant

Congratulations Andy
    I’m so happy for you
    I always find your posts very encouraging!
    God bless
    Chris

Philipandfiona
    Participant

Fabulous news.

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi Andy…well done and here’s to more anniversaries…Phil

andyg
    Participant

Hi All.

Well we survived the trip to the lake district. Got home last Friday picked the dogs up had a cup of tea and something to eat then got in the car and set off to Nottingham for the beer festival. Had a few beers Saturday and came home again Sunday. It was a hectic few days and I think I’m just about recovered. Going to put my feet up for a while now lol.

Every day is a gift.

Andy x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Three Years!’ is closed to new replies.