Tiny MM Quiz

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

Which, [b]if any[/b], of these words or phrases has been mentioned regarding MM by a doctor to us.

IE Pick out the made up words (no cheating the answers are further down the page)

a)Pepperpot Skull
    b)Dexatude
    c)Buffalo Hump

Answer-: The only made up word is Dexatude made up by me to describe the attitude Stephen gets when on dex.

Stephen's original X ray showed small indentations in his skull known as a "pepperpot skull"

He has developed a fleshy lump right across the back of his neck/top of back caused we were told by the steroids and referred to as a "buffalo hump" This should go away when the steroids stop.

The 2 correct ones make my made up word look sensible don't you think:-)

Gill xx

Min
    Participant

Hi Gill
    Never heard of a buffalo hump, they refer to peters 'Hump' as kyphosis of the spine is this similar? It is not as bad now as it was at the outset but its down to kyphoplasty and exercise.
    Im curious does Stephen have a belt of additional skin at the waist, peter does due to collapsed vertebra suppose all that extra skin has to go somewhere.
    LuvMIn

Gill
    Participant

Hi Min

Stephen's "hump" is not his spine but a mound of fatty tissue at the base of his neck. I googled "Buffalo Hump" and I think it is the nickname for cushings. He has been told it should go when the steroids stop.

He does have tummy slide He never actually had a beer belly but was way off having a 6 pack the tum he had round his middle now goes over his belt.

love Gill

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min and Gill the article on steroids which was in the press last week said that steroids deposit body fat in specific areas These are the base of the neck and the tummuy area I know I now have a humpty tumpty tummy now whereas before I had a waist no matter if I was overweight What joy !! love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Gill

I got two out of three pepperpot skull and Dexatude this word should make its way to the oxford dictinary
    Love J0 x

Gaye
    Participant

I developed a buffalos hump when I was on larger doses of dex and it completely disappeared when I finished and has never returned. Wish I could say that my dexitudinous behaviour has never returned but it does. It's bad enough living with it as a patient but I do feel for carers/families etc who are on the receiving end of it.

When the hump first appeared I was terrified as I thought I had developed another cancer but thankfully I was soon reassured.

Love to you all. Gaye xx

Min
    Participant

Snap Gill,
    Peter was never a beer drinker, and still is not (or lager) but he sure looks like he has a beer gut poor soul. However this beer gut goes all the way round his waist!
    Im going to keep an eye out because he always has the hump on didn't know it was a buffalo though LOL
    How is the Pup? and when will we see him?
    Luv MIn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tiny MM Quiz’ is closed to new replies.