Treatment Delayed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bandityoga 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi all

The consultants have delayed Ian's treatment to let the bed sore heal. He is now feeling a lot better and the infection seems to have gone. I was furious and complained to the Mcmillan nurse that Ian had not been moved in the night (should be every 3 hours) and that he was on his back where the bed sore is when I visited on Saturday. I don't know what she said but all the nurses were very nice and they promised Ian would be moved every 2 hours through the day and 3 hours at night and that all nurses were aware of this. Should not have to complain as this is basic care but it is now being carried out.

I am now taking Ian food into the hospital as he has to eat lots of protein but I am wearing myself out.

Don't know how long treatment will be delayed but hope the bed sore heals soon.

Maureen

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen

You are learning fast,keep you eyes open only way to get good care.

Sorry you are so tired have you tried catnapping I use to come home from hospital take phone of hook and go straight to bed, before that the phone rang just as I was dropping off,I cannot repeat what I said to who ever it was.

You do need to recharge your batteries 24hours sleep!!! love Eve

meganjane
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

I am glad to read that Ian is feeling better, hopefully the bed sore will be fully healed soon.

Are you making the food you take in? I know it is more expensive but maybe, to save yourself some time, you could buy ready made things from the supermarket? I found I got very tired while Phil was in hospital for his SCT, trying to fit in work, chores (I let most of the chores slide) and visiting the hospiatl was very tiring and I only had to do it for 24 days, you have been doing it for much longer. Any short cuts you can take to give yourself some time to rest will be worth it in the long run, you need to look after yourself as well.

Megan

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Maureen, I hope they get Ian's treatment going soon.

YOU must take proper rest otherwise you will be no good to man nor beast. Eve's suggestion is right. I tell Mo(my wifey and carer) I am feeling tired and then all 'phones come off and I rest for an hour or two hours sometimes. If Mo is out she knows I will put the 'phones back on when I wake. Mo does the same but she normally sleeps in the early evening or lays on in the morning when I am up and about. Look after yourself.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte
    David

tom
    Participant

Hi Maureen and Ian

Well the only people that can look after a loved one is a loved one am afraid.

Its so tiring being a carer more so than us that have the MM, please look after yourself as well as Ian, I hope the treatment is soon started

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Got the night off from visiting Ian as one of his friends is visiting. I intended to do some spring cleaning but after making lasagne and doing the ironing I am now sitting down with a small sherry and will have an early night.

Ian had an mri scan today to determine how big the bed sore is. We should get the results tomorrow.

Hope you and slim are coping.

Maureen x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Megan

I prefer to make meals and take them to Ian. He needs lots of protein to heal the bed sore. He had a visit from the dietician and is now on another menu but I have made lasagne to take in tomorrow.

Having a night off tonight and now sitting with my feet up and a small sherry.

Maureen x

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi David

Good idea about taking the phones of the hook as most people phone me when I get back from hospital and all I want to do is relax.

Take care.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Tom

I would do anything to make Ian more comfortable but yes I do have to have time to myself to.

Don't know when the treatment will resume as the bed sore has to heal before we can move forward.

Maureen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Treatment Delayed’ is closed to new replies.